“Average”
Review of Badlands Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Interior
Badlands Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Interior B&B and Inns
Reviewed 14 August 2013

The best thing about Badlands Inn is its location. The room and bathroom was clean and the bed comfortable. The breakfast area is a little small for the number of guests they have but it is well stocked and the lady working at the desk was very friendly. We had issues trying to connect to wifi with our mobile devices a result of their network's limited bandwidth. Can't beat the location though!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 12 August 2013

I had an OK stay here. The best thing about it was its location; there are very few other lodging options this within the Badlands. Of course, you pay quite a bit more for the location, which budget-conscious folks such as myself seldom like to do. However, the view is quite impressive, as you are right next to the wall of the Badlands and sunrise and sunset are quite spectacular to see from here. The staff was professional and friendly.

The room was adequate. Overall, it was clean and odor-free, and had good climate control. There were a couple of flies that were very annoying and tough to get rid of though. The bed was comfortable. The bathroom was clean and odor-free. There was a TV, but I did not watch it. There was free Wi-Fi, which was dependable. There was a small continental breakfast, which was mainly cold items with toast-able items.

The one negative was that I had difficulty getting into my room. I had to walk back down stairs from the second floor to the front desk with my baggage to tell the front desk that I could not get in. The front desk staff though was prompt and went back up to find a solution, and found that you had to turn the door handle quite a bit forcefully to open the latch. After this I had no further problems, but I always find it annoying when I have to walk back to the front desk with all my baggage, and it doesn't set a good first impression.

Folks that like lodging in comfort within the convenient premises may find the $140 price reasonable. I, on the other hand would not stay here again because of it's low overall value; the overall star quality is more like a $50 to $80 inn, but you pay for location. In the future I would pay less at a different location further away, or camp if I wanted to stay on site.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Bandurriaman
Reviewed 1 August 2013

This inn is no Marriott, but it is well worth the price. The lady at the front desk is extra warm and helpful. The rooms are clean and updated (as I gather, some are renovated and others are in the process). The beds and bathrooms look good. There is an amazing view of the Badlands since it is located right outside of the Interior gate. The scene is peaceful, calm, and very family friendly. Almost all the visitors we have seen have children. There are no pool, gym, laundry, or other amenities, but we aren't looking for them, so it doesn't effect the rating. We have not had the continental breakfast yet, but the list of options looks decent: bagels, oatmeal, fruit, coffee, etc.... no eggs and bacon, but it will surely suffice. Microwave, mini-fridge, and coffee are all found in the rooms. Overall, I am very happy with our choice to stay here and would definitely recommend it to someone just needing a place to stay for the night.

Room Tip: All rooms have a view. Be prepared for very few choices of nearby restaurants.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 July 2013

My family of 5 stayed at Badlands Inn for 2 nights (we used an air mattress). This is an old building; well-worn, but adequate. Similar to budget lodging in that the AC is loud, room is small, and carpeting needs replacing. We paid $140 per night, way too much for the property, but the location is perfect and every room has a view. Dark enough to see the night sky. Staff very friendly and they do their best. Continental breakfast and one bag of ice per night was included. Right down the street from the other Badlands hotel, which has a restaurant (fair) and gift shop.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 July 2013

What can you say about this place. It is a nice clean little inn - which is always great but it is location, location location!!!! We stayed here in the beginning of July and it was great! Practically every room faces the park, so you can see the sunrise and sunset! It was worth it. There is the lodge in the park but this is the second closest place to the park. It allowed us to get more hiking time. Plus they give you a 5 pound bag of ice!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 July 2013

My wife and I stayed here for two nights during our cross-country trip and were happy and surprised by the quality of our stay. The bed was soft and comfortable - we both slept very well. The location was perfect. The Badlands Inn is just outside of the Badlands National Park's south entrance by about 500 feet. We could see the park's amphitheater from our room. Thus, the motel has a view of the Badlands themselves. Also, we really enjoyed the little continental breakfast provided in the motel's dining area/office each morning. The motel is rustic, don't expect luxury, but it is clean, comfortable, well-situated, and well-run. If you're going to the Badlands, stay here before you stay anywhere in Wall. Waking up in the morning to see the park and going to sleep at night with the ability to step outside and see the stars makes the Badlands Inn a great choice.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank b h
Reviewed 9 July 2013

We stayed here during July 4th weekend, and therefore the prices may have been inflated. But we paid $137 for a night in what was nothing more than a roadside motel. It was clean, but very old. Nothing fancy--the TV only got a few channels and the A/C had definitely seen better days. The breakfast was very nice, however: they friendly lady had even set out fresh blueberries for your cereal. It was nice to wake up and be only a mile away from the Badlands and hiking, but the price was very high for the state of this motel.

• Stayed: July 2013

Been to Badlands Inn? Share your experiences!