Badlands Inn
US$78
Travelocity
TripAdvisor
Hotels.com
All reviewsroom was cleanbag of icenothing fancyhard boiled eggsthe ac unityogurtsouth entrancewatch the sunrisebreakfast selectiondown the roadgreat roomcedar passtwo queen bedsstayed two nightsposterslinensmicrowave
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 August 2010

The service was friendly but the room was not. The carpets were stained and dirty so we wore our shoes while inside too. The lamp cord was taped together and hanging over our heads when we went to bed. The window was Plexiglas and could easily be popped out of place. We had to be gentle with the door knob so it would not fall out. We were so grossed out by this room that we ended up sleeping in our sleeping bags. We admired the camp ground across from us wishing we would have camped instead.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 July 2010

We tried to get into the cabins inside the park but they were booked and we needed a place to stay so they suggested this place. It looks like an old strip motel upon driving up and there is no frills about it. It was clean and the staff were VERY friendly. Needs some TLC but it was a comfortable stay. No pool or much of anything. The comp breakfast was muffins, donuts, cereal, coffee, juice...no frills there neither but we felt comfortable eating it as the area was clean. I say if you can't get into the park to stay this is an ok second choice. I wouldn't recommend or not recommend this place.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank Roofers
Reviewed 24 September 2009

Got lost in the darkness and ended up here after closing time. A young woman I met after closing time was very helpful and gave me a room. She also tried helping me getting my phone to work and, when it wouldn't, she called my family to let them know I was ok. Next morning another woman there followed me to Cedar Pass lodge so I could pay for the room. Then she helped me by describing the roads I should take to get to my destination, Manderson. Found my way easily after that.
I couldn't have been treated ib a better way. Thanks a lot to the wonderful staff from a lost Norwegian!!!

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled solo
2  Thank Heiravn
Reviewed 15 July 2009

Stayed here two nights to better explore Badlands National Park. If you have the time, I recommend staying in/ near the Park and really exploring the Badlands. Great views out our window --nice to wake up here and also watch sunset. Room was fine and clean, bathroom recently updated and painted. Didn't like old Astro-turf style carpet (they should just replace that with tile as the Badlands are so muddy). This was fine for our needs--and what you'd expect in the middle of South Dakota (the town of Interior has a population of only 67 people).

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
3  Thank CVOakPark
Reviewed 12 July 2009

I can't believe this place can be associated with our National Parks. It IS a mile outside the Park entrance, but there was a sign on the office that you had to go into the Cedar Pass Lodge to check in. $15 to enter the park, but we had planned on going in anyway. All the bad things that people have said about this place are true. Stress the fact that you get a TV but don't mention you get 5 stations, none local or sports oriented. Don't stay here.

Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple