“travelingscientist”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of North Road Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Los Alamos
North Road Inn
Ranked #1 of 3 Los Alamos B&B and Inns
Dresden, Germany
“travelingscientist”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2011

I enjoyed the short stay very much, very kind hosts, delicious breakfast

Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Matthias P

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
BLUFFTON
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2011

I thought I was going to be closer to Santa Fe, but Los Alamos was a perfect location for day tripping. My room was clean and quaint and I was greeted (upon late arrival) by beautifully loving dog. Breakfast was very nice with all you could desire and I got to chat with the owner and his daughter about the area. There was a nice park right on the corner for my morning workout.

Room Tip: Ask for one on the main level, not the lower level where people are walking by,
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
Los Alamos, New Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2011

I had always heard great things about this place, but never stayed before. When my family moved back to LA in May 2011 we were going to need space for 4 people and reasonable amenities for a 2 month stay. We were able to get a 3 bedroom suite for $92/night. Relocation paid for $86/night. It was definitely worth $6 out of pocket to have so much space. The owners were fantastic. You're treated like friends/family coming for a visit. The breakfast that is included in the cost is fantastic. It is cooked to order by the owners. You can have eggs any way you want, pancakes, french toast, pastries, fresh fruit, etc. They know a lot about the area and can help you figure out what activities would be good for you. The Atomic City Transit (free public transportation) has a bus stop right in front of the hotel. I used the bus to commute to work while we were there.

We were displaced by the Las Conchas fire at the end of June beginning of July for about a week. We had forgotten some important things in our room during our haste to evacuate. We stayed in Albuquerque during that time and the owners who were also in Albuquerque at the time were kind enough to bring those items with them down to Albuquerque and bring them to us!

It may not be a 5 star hotel with the finest linens and it's not in pristine condition, but you can't beat the 5 star service that you get from owners. They are very responsive to any problems that arise and they are very courteous and generous. I will definitely recommend that anyone stay there regardless of the duration of the stay.

Room Tip: They are usually booked solid during the summer, so book well in advance especially if you need a la...
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
Los Alamos, New Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2011

I often eat breakfast there, and you will find Cathy and her son Patrick to be great hosts and cooks. This place is in a family neighborhood on a quiet hill in Los Alamos. They grow many of their own herbs/veggies, and always go "the farther mile" to help you enjoy your visit, whether it is re-location (me), or travel.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank Swedena9
Kennett Square, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2011

My husband reserved a "room" at North Road Inn so he could see Los Alamos after reading so much about its history. What we found was that this B&B offered so much more than we had thought! We had a 3-bedroom suite with a kitchenette and sitting area. This provided us with a place for lunches and dinners (we had spent the previous week eating out and this new arrangement allowed us to eat more reasonably in a home-like setting). We also had wonderful B&B breakfasts! Southwestern scrambled eggs with blue corn pancakes were their specialty, but they would provide any type of egg and pancake variation with fruit, cereal, juice, breads and pastries, and coffee, to the delight of our 13-year old son who exclaimed after the first day,"They give you choices in what you can eat!"

Los Alamos is also a good jumping off place to see Santa Fe, the northern pueblos, Ghost Ranch, Taos, and Bandelier. It is also a pretty neat place to explore on its own -- from the history of the nuclear bomb and other scientific research, to life on top of a mesa! There are evening movies in the local park down the street. We will come back!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Toronto
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2011

If you prefer cozy bed and breakfast settings to modern hotels, then the North Road Inn is for you. I had a simple but well-kept room with a supercomfy bed, fridge, tv, and cute old-style desk to work on. Everything was very clean, particularly the bedsheets etc which are very important to me, it's always gross to have old or stainy bedding, which happens in certain hotels unfortunately.

The hosts were extremely friendly and helpful, went out of their way to accommodate me by calling up restaurants for me (without me even asking) and helping with food when I arrived on a Sunday when many things in Los Alamos (including public transit) are not running. And as other reviewers have said, breakfast is fantastic! Made to order, fresh fluffy pancakes, juices, fruits, eggs, etc the list goes on, you won't find a better breakfast than this, possibly even at home!

My only negative point is that the location is more in the northern communities than in the center of town, which is no problem if you have a car since getting from one end of Los Alamos only takes about 5 mins by car, but if you want to rely on public transit, as I did, getting to the center of town for dinner is a pain since all buses back from the center of town seem to stop running at 7 pm (and even if they run, you first have to go to the main transit center, and from there take a second bus up to the northern part of town). But there are a few restaurants (sushi, bbq) closer by one can walk to in about 15-20 mins.

All in all, location aside, this was a fantastic place to stay, I genuinely felt comfortable coming home in the evening, and would highly recommend it, particularly if you have the mobility of a car.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2011

Spacious, clean, well-furnished, very comfortable B&B with absolutely outstanding breakfast served in a large sunny welcoming dining room, where conversation is lively and interesting as guests from around the US and the world exchange stories and conversation. Kathy, the proprietor, has transformed an ordinary small apartment building into an attractive lodging house for visitors. She and her son know the area well and provide helpful tips, if asked, or are happy just to serve up a bountiful breakfast. If we return to the area, we will certainly stay there. Corrie and Ted from Seattle

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
Cities of Gold Casino Hotel
Cities of Gold Casino Hotel
#51 of 60 in Santa Fe
Hilton Santa Fe Buffalo Thunder

Been to North Road Inn? Share your experiences!