“Dirty and unclean”

Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Takeout
Los Alamos, New Mexico
“Dirty and unclean”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2013

Chili Works has to be by far the most unlcean little hole in the wall I've been to. For years this establishment has been dirty and unclean. The workers are not sanitary and the little building from the time you walk in to looking back into the kitchen you would think you were eating on the range at a chuckwagon. Well I'm thinking that the chuckwagon would probably be cleaner. I'm not just saying this on two occasions I've had terrible experiences with this restaurant. First of all, last year I got a BRC "brick" or bacon red cheese breakfast burrito and found a bitten finger nail in my burrito. This year after giving it some thought and thinking well they should have cleaned up their act by now. I'd give it another chance and today. The cook was outside showing his bike off then went inside and proceeded to make the burrito I had just ordered without changing his gloves. I pointed this out and they made me a new burrito but still gave me the old one while I watched! Can you believe this?

• Visited October 2013
3 Thank digital7

Las Cruces, New Mexico
“Best burritos in town”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2013

A local favorite, this little building produces the best burritos in town at a surprising speed. The green is hot and the red is smokey to perfection. They offer nothing but great food and a small patio, but that's all you need to have the best burritos around.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank leo r
CT
“hidden gem”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2013

Stopped here for breakfast on the recommendation of a local when I mentioned that I was craving huevos rancheros for breakfast. Opens by 6 am, not much to look at but my breakfast was wonderful. Cute little outdoor patio to enjoy your food at. Located right next door to Sonic. Closes just after lunch.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank sbfrost
San Francisco, California
“Eat here and you won't be hungry for at least two days.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2013

I had my first Chili Works breakfast experience this week. I love this place first of all for its awesome character, and then for the quick service and fresh ingredients! My colleagues and I ordered breakfast burritos. Two-thumbs up from all...I guess the green chilis were especially warm. If I had to do it again, I would order my breakfast burrito with eggs, cheese, tomatoes, maybe black beans, red chilis, and leave out the hash brown potatoes. Potatoes must be cheap because they featured much too prominently in my burrito. Carbs wrapped in carbs? No thanks.

• Visited April 2013
Los Alamos, NM
“Best Burritos in Los Alamos”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2013

Chili Works never lets me down. Food is prepared in the blink of an eye, fair priced, and the best tasting in town!

Visited March 2013