“Great breakfast burrito”

Cuisines: Mexican
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, United States
“Great breakfast burrito”
Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

Really good breakfast burrito, large with green chillies. Well stuffed with potatoes, eggs, sausage and cheese. Honey on table, coffee kept full.

Arcata, California
“Great Northern New Mexican food”
Reviewed 5 April 2014

When I lived in Los Alamos, I used to have breakfast at Viola's Restaurant every Friday morning, often with friends. Located in an old KFC building on Trinity Drive, Viola's is not fancy, but the food is good and the service is very friendly. I especially enjoy their green chile and their red chile, which are classic Northern New Mexican recipes.

• Visited November 2013
Los Alamos, New Mexico
“Oldest remaining restaraunt in town.”
Reviewed 5 March 2014

Oldest remaining restaraunt in town. Excellent Southwest Mexican food. Always enjoy the food and have weekday specials reasonably priced and fast service.

Visited January 2014
Los Alamos, New Mexico
“Terse wait staff”
Reviewed 19 February 2014

I have eaten at Viola’s twice. The first time I thought the food was tasty, but I was surprised that when they mention “beef” on the menu, they mean hamburger, not the shredded beef I would have expected. The service was ok, not great. The restaurant had that dingy, in need of a real scrubbing feel about it.

The second time I went there I was very disappointed. We had called ahead to let them know there would be a group of about 15 at 1 p.m. There wasn’t enough seats for our group which is understandable so we waited patiently until a nearby table was available. The wait staff did not seem to pay attention that we needed the table so we went ahead and moved the table so we could sit with our group. I apologized to the other diners for moving tables around and they were friendly about it but the wait staff became terse with us. I did not receive the food I ordered but I did not say anything because I already felt that the wait staff was annoyed with me. It is so hard to find good food in Los Alamos but I will put up with it if the wait staff is kind – and if the place is clean.

• Visited January 2014
Savusavu, Fiji
“Hoped this would be better”
Reviewed 5 January 2014

Many folks talk about Viola's so I wanted to try it when I visited my old home town recently. Strange to walk into the old KFC and have them serving NM fare. No atmosphere except a few familiar faces.

Food was average but I guess if you're stuck on the Hill, it's better than making the long drive to Santa Fe or Chimayo.

Wish I could give them a better rating but I just wasn't impressed.

• Visited October 2013