“Perfect for casual dinner”
Review of Manhattan Project Restaurant - CLOSED

Manhattan Project Restaurant
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 13 August 2014

A friend and I went to the restaurant for a quick bite to eat around 6:30PM on a Friday. A waitress came within 2 minutes, and we ordered a few minutes later. Both meals arrived in the expected wait time. The food was excellent. It was hot, tasty, and of good quality. The price was very reasonable. Although there were several other tables around us, we had no trouble hearing each other. There were many people there enjoying their dinner. We will definitely be going back there .

Reviewed 11 July 2014

We went to the Manhattan Project for the first time since it's changed hands, and I was glad to see some of the Hill Diner Menu and about the same prices. I ordered the burger and it was a Hill Diner burger, and pretty good. This space has had problems in the past -- when it was the Central Avenue Grill they had problems getting you hot foot, and when it was the Dixie Chick everything was overpriced. In this incarnation, I'm pleased to say, the food was hot, the service was good, and the prices were right. Well done. Also, there's a bar in the back with a big screen for the sports, but it was not obtrusive.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

We were walking around Los Alamos waiting for the Bradbury museum to open and noticed the menu posted outside this restaurant. They have an excellent selection of food to choose from at reasonable prices. We were promptly seated and waited on and there is plenty of room inside. My girlfriend and I both decided on ordering the lamb burger and it was one of the best burgers I have had. The vegetables on the side were plentiful and super-fresh! I wouldn't hesitate to make this your option for lunch if you're in the area.

1  Thank Cold417
Reviewed 4 June 2014

The Manhatten Project Restaurant occupies the location of the former Dixie Girl across from the post office in Los Alamos. This location was also previously occupied by the Central Avenue Grill. An interesting feature of this restaurant is the movable garage door windows that face Central Avenue to provide an al fresco-like dining experience when they are raised. It has a very extensive menu for lunch and dinner with prices that are comparable to other family style restaurants in Los Alamos. Patrons seemed to be a little younger than at other LA restaurants.

We ate lunch there for the first time this week. My lower calorie turkey burger with green chile on a pretzel bun was delicious and hefty enough that I had yummy leftovers for lunch the next day. My not-so-low calorie green chile-cheeze fries were also quite tasty. My friends split a sandwich of thinly sliced prime rib that came with a cup of au jus for dipping and a side of the fries. They said it was very good and cleaned their plates.

We got there right in the middle of the busy part of lunch hour, so service was a little slow, but attentive and polite. This restaurant should appeal to many people in Los Alamos.

2  Thank AtomicEye
Reviewed 29 May 2014

This restaurant used to be called Central Avenue something. Was sold and bought by a woman who owns another restaurant in town. Kept the same menu and it is wonderful. They did not yet have a liquor license when we visited. Would definitely visit whenever in Los Alamos and all of the locals are regular customers

1  Thank saltysweets