“A food oasis in the food desert of Los Alamos”
Review of Pyramid Cafe

Pyramid Cafe
Ranked #4 of 47 Restaurants in Los Alamos
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 1 March 2014

For reasons many of us in Los Alamos have puzzled over, fine dining does not exist here. But the Pyramid is the closest we can come to fine dining along with one other restaurant. I eat at both often and have found dishes I love there including the lamb salad, and lamb souvlaki, lamb tagine, lamb shanks, green chile salad and vegetable moussaka which is so good that I haven't tried the meat version yet.
The restaurant has much improved its wine selection recently with interesting possibilities in affordable wines. They will take reservations but rarely have time to answer the phone so making them is difficult. Yet I have seen the place packed on the nights when there are musical performances. I love the music they have occaisionally.
So if you happen to be in Los Alamos and want to eat tasty food, this is one of the two best restaurants available. It has a sister restaurant in Santa Fe which is equally good.
The owners are extremely hard working, energetic and are learning from experience. I am very grateful that the Pyramid exists in Los Alamos.

1  Thank BettyLouAnn

Reviewed 14 February 2014

We were excited to try Pyramid and very unimpressed with the food. We tried the Chicken Tagine with preserved lemon, the Greek Salad and the Roasted Chili salad. We tasted no preserved lemon in the chicken and spices were minimal. Greek salad was basic and a non-event. If we hadnn't ordered the chie salad, which improved the chicken, the meal would have been a total failure.

1  Thank j0anjr
Reviewed 29 January 2014

It may not be saying a lot. because nobody in this God Forsaken state understands Middle but Pyramid in Los Alamos is simply the best. Well-cooked rice, outstanding lemon rice soup, great Tagine. No question, hands down worth every mile and penny. You can visit Bandelier, hike the Jemez, mountain bike, ski, hit the Gordon's summer concert, or go to a show or drink microbrew at Pajarito but do not pass up Pyramid!

Reviewed 26 October 2013

We stopped here for lunch while in the area visiting the Nat'l Park. We had a late lunch so it was not crowded. The menu was very impressive, especially the dinner menu. It made me wish I could come back for dinner. We settled on sandwiches, we were both very pleased with our gyros and shawarma sandwiches. My husband was surprised to get real fresh cut french fires with his and I had a carrot salad with mine. It was served with a side plate of warm pita bread. I topped my lunch off with a cup of chai. No complaints with this place. Well, it is in a plaza but that is not its fault. I am glad we stopped ,the service was great.

1  Thank LRMAC
Reviewed 14 October 2013

My wife and I went there for lunch. My wife ordered the chicken salad and I ordered the leg-of-lamb salad. The lamb was more muscle than meat, some pieces were inedible despite chewing for a long time. If I had time I would have returned it! The chicken salad was OK. I think that serving this poor quality lamb shows contempt for customers.

1  Thank travelogue6