“Comfortable stay”

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Los Alamos
New Mexico
“Comfortable stay”
Reviewed 7 May 2014

I recently spent 4 days at Comfort Inn and it was comfortable. The staff was friendly and the breakfast was typical. The room was a little shop-worn but the bed was comfy and the heating system was quiet. I like that the windows actually open. No "neighbor" or hallway noise was a plus. Showers were good and hot although the bathroom was small and not fancy but certainly functional. It's close to everything you'll need in town and around the area. I will stay again.

Room Tip: Request a room in the back away from the street if you are bothered by street noise (of which there...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank wiscojoan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 19 April 2014

The price of the hotel was a bit high, but after making the trek up to Los Alamos, I felt that the reservation was worth it. It is a very small town at the top of a mountain, you'll feel as though you're in a secluded ski resort town. The hotel room was clean, cozy and updated. The beds were super cozy. Highly recommend.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank honestrealreviews
Santa Barbara, California, United States
Reviewed 29 January 2014

Comfort Inn and Suites, henceforth referred to as CIS, was really close to Los Alamos National Lab, which was great for getting to work while we stayed there for a week. As a bonus, CIS is on Trinity Dr, which is the main drag through town, and CIS is several hundred metres from most restaurants in town.

Breakfast in the morning included sweetened yogurts, sweetened oatmeals, cold hard-boiled eggs, 3 cereals, cold drinks, and a hot buffet that usually included a choice of potato dish, egg dish, and meat dish. There's also a waffle maker! During the day, there are fresh apples, bananas, and oranges available, and some times freshly baked cookies.

Nothing fancy, but nice place overall.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Michael G
El Paso, Texas
Reviewed 25 December 2013

There aren't a lot of choices in Los Alamos, home of the Manhattan Project, and I guess the price of this room is reflective of that. We were originally looking for the Hampton Inn and never did find it (where is it?) so came here. The lot was empty, and we got a room pretty easily but at $99 plus tax it seemed to be a bit much, given the lack of demand. Turns out a lot of the government workers for the lab facility here come to stay for stretches of time which may account for that. The town itself is weird.... lots of brand new glass fronted buildings and modern structures unlike most of the areas we've been driving through in NM. Also, when we rolled into town a bit after 5 everything was already somewhat dead.... it was Christmas eve but still.....We were heading to the grocery store to pick up some supplies but the place was closing its doors at 7, so we headed to the Chinese restaurant across the street instead. The whole town felt a bit "college-y". The room itself was nice, clean, lots of towels and pillows although the heater was super effective. We actually had to run it on low cool most of the night and we were quite comfortable. Note that the heavier drapes don't close -- we found this out the hard way, having secured a room right near the office, so we had the light from the sign shining in most of the night through the sheer curtains. And, if you're looking for privacy you might want to make sure your room doesn't face the front of the hotel or is on the first floor. Any car driving up to park in front of our room could see right in. One other thing: why are TV remotes so complicated in hotel rooms? It took me a bit to figure out how to get the channels we wanted to display and this morning I can't get anything to work. Not a big deal for me, but my husband is frustrated. Apparently you have to be an atomic scientist to figure out the remote. So instructions would be nice. Also, are most hotel wi-fi networks unsecured? This one was which seemed a bit odd especially if government secret agents stay here and conduct business online. National security, anyone?

Room Tip: Stay or on the second floor or in the back of the hotel for more privacy.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Arathi K
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 9 December 2013

Cold day in Los Alamos (15 degrees during the day!), they didn't have the heat on in my room, so it was ice cold when I got there. I turned on the heat, then the electricity went out for about an hour, and I froze my butt off. Front desk couldn't help me (power was out to the whole hotel) Hot tub was closed due to New Mexico regulations, and everything was generally dirty and gross. I travel to Los Alamos about 9 times per year and will never stay here again. gross gross gross. Even the breakfast was gross.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
5 Thank TurkeyTraveler1Time

Travellers are raving about these Los Alamos hotels

Los Alamos, New Mexico
Reviewed 30 September 2013

The owner has little yappy dogs and lives in the corner room West side in the back. Don't stay in the back on the west side or your going to hear dogs barking all the freaking time! Yap yap yap yap yap. They never shut up all day long and evening. Get a room in the front overlooking the police station and you won't hear them.

Room Tip: Get one in the front overlooking the police station or get one on the east side of the building.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank HungryHungryHippo11
Somonauk, Illinois
Reviewed 11 September 2013

I can say, the room I stayed in was very nice, clean and huge. The breakfast was fantastic, hot eggs and bacon (a little undercooked for my liking) and blueberry waffles plus an assortment of other goodies.

However! The first room I was assigned to was already occupied. I walked in on a couple in bed. That room was on the third floor. It did not smell of cigarette smoke. I was reassigned to a room on the second floor. You are almost overwhelmed by cigarette smoke when you enter the floor. I was told the hot tub worked but when I went to use it, the knob was missing from the jet control. When I asked at the front desk, he said it just broke. He sounded like a broken record who constantly repeats the same phrase. If you're interested in the hot tub, I'd call first to see if it's working. The room I had didn't have HBO, just basic cable.

The motel has an assortment of free snacks in the lobby. However, they dole out only so much during the day so by 9pm, if they are out, that's it and the vending machine did not work.

When I reviewed my bill, there was a surcharge of almost $4. When I asked what that was for, she said electricity. Isn't that supposed to be included with the price of the room? The gal who checked me out was very friendly and helpful. The fellow who checked me in, not so much. He wasn't rude, but close.

I don't know if all the motels in Los Alamos have a surcharge for electricity, but this one does. Next time I'm in town, I'll stay somewhere else.

Room Tip: Second floor smells like cigarette smoke, third floor did not. Not every room has refridgerator or...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Hilton Santa Fe Buffalo Thunder
Homewood Suites Santa Fe
Homewood Suites Santa Fe
#11 of 60 in Santa Fe

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites Los Alamos? Share your experiences!