This is a rustic lodge set in the Chisos Mountains Big Bend National Park in Texas. The mountains soar to nearly 8,000 feet and you wonder if you really are in Texas. We stayed in the Casa Grande section of the lodge in an air conditioned room with two double beds and a view of Window Rock. The room is spartan but comfortable. No tv (though they have tv-dvd combos for rent, but who needs it?) and no telephone. Cell service is totally dependent on your carrier; T-Mobile was unsatisfactory while AT&T and Verizon did work..a bit. On the whole, a great location that overcomes satisfactory rooms and amenities. Great Ranger program on the patio the Monday night we were. We would return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Known as the last frontier of Texas, Big Bend National Park encompasses over 800,000 acres of breathtaking desert landscape. Here you'll find the uniquely located Chisos Mountains Lodge, offering comfortable accommodations and friendly Texas hospitality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Evoline ltd, Travel Republic (UK) and Cancelon so you can book your Chisos Mountains Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chisos Mountain Hotel Big Bend National Park
- Chisos Mountain Lodge
- Chisos Mountains Lodge Big Bend National Park, Texas