“Fun little stop on our way through the everglades.”

Skunk Ape Research Center
Coral Springs, Florida
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Fun little stop on our way through the everglades.”
Reviewed 12 March 2014

First of all, it's a totally cheese ball attraction, but I knew that when my husband and I stopped there. The small animal exhibit was interesting. Definitely not a zoo or anything of that caliber. More like a hobby collection of exotic animals. One of the caretakers was there to show us some of the animals and let us hold the cornsnakes. They had a giant python that he let us touch as well. The level of upkeep was about what I expected for a small tourist attraction out in the middle of the everglades (in other words not very clean lol). It's nothing fancy by any means but it was a fun experience for sure. Apparently this is also a popular local hangout on the weekend, there was a group of "good ole boys" hanging out front. Relatively nice people tho, nothing to worry about. Overall worth the 30 minute stop and the $5 entry fee.

Visited March 2014

Plainwell, Michigan, United States
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Always a pleasure!!!!”
Reviewed 11 March 2014

We have gone here several times and it is an absolute pleasure. We are treated on a one to one basis. We have always been taken around by an employee and given the chance to hold and touch animals. My son got to hold a baby alligator and touch a very ticklish python! In addition we held snakes, birds, and went right in with the tortoise!! They gentlemen there are always thrilled to share the animals and info on all of them. What they feed them, how often they eat, even how old they are!!! I could never go to Florida and not go here!!

Visited March 2014
Slippery Rock, Pennsylvania
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Really a must-see for animal people! ”
Reviewed 11 March 2014 via mobile

This was our second visit to the SARC, and, God willing, it won't be our last! I think "quirky" is the perfect word for this little stop. My husband loves the Skunk Ape area, while my daughter and I are more interested in the reptiles and birds. The individual attention and the education you get is amazing! Everything from feeling that a young gator's claws are almost rubbery in texture to being able to see how Goldie, the enormous reticulated python is ticklish-yes I said ticklish! Go in to this place with time to listen and learn. Oh, and I hope some of the orchids are in bloom!!

Wapwallopen, Pennsylvania
51 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 56 helpful votes
“poor animals”
Reviewed 2 March 2014

the animals in this place are not cared for very well. it's not very clean. it's sad. definitely not worth even the $5 admission charge. we camped here because we did not have advanced reservations. it's cheap, but run down. that's probably why it was the only place that had available sites. do yourself a favor and book in the state parks ahead of time.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank dianar04
Sauk City, Wisconsin, United States
115 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 61 helpful votes
“What fun!”
Reviewed 23 February 2014

We loved visiting this quirky place. We came as part of an Everglade tour, and loved the ability to hold alligators, snakes and birds. The owner is attentive to the needs of the animals he has here and you can tell they are a huge part of his life. This is a great place for adults and children.

Visited February 2014