“Very Modern”

Red Roof Inn & Suites Beaumont
Ranked #21 of 33 Hotels in Beaumont
Reviewed 1 December 2013

We are traveling with a pet and Red Roof accepts pets without any extra charge, which is a nice bonus. The room was very accessible from the lobby and very modern in decor. The bed was very comfortable and large (king). The room had a strange smell when the heater came on and was a bit disconcerting. We figured there was an air freshener of unusual scent installed in the heater......The bath area was spacious and the hotel was quiet. Only coffee was offered in the morning. Staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
ursula m, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Beaumont, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write your comments. We appreciate the opportunity to have you as our guest. We look forward to seeing you at the Red Roof Inn Beaumont for your future travels!

Reviewed 24 November 2013

Kayla at the front desk and the other staff at this hotel were very knowledgeable, friendly, and provided great service. This was our first time at this hotel chain, and we heard that this hotel is pretty new---which was nice. Very clean and comfortable. In the king deluxe room, there was a refrigerator and microwave. Next door is Floyd's Cajun Restaurant, which had great food. The only thing that they are not currently offering is breakfast, but the price is right, regardless. We would stay here again while passing through the area.

Room Tip: The king deluxe rooms are worth it if you would like the amenities of fridge and microwave.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. Our staff strives to provide excellent customer service to all of our customers. Kayla (as well as other employees) is certainly an asset to our company! Again, we appreciate your comments and we look forward to seeing you for future travels!

Reviewed 3 November 2013

at first the front desk doesn't inspire much confidence, it does look so good at first but, the rooms make up for it, really clean, really modern, they look actually quite same as a hyatt place that actually cost cost far more expensive than the redroof inn, a lot of places to eat, and really quite, staff are really friendly and helpful, and very equip, it had refrigerator, stove, microwave and a little sink, I would totally recommend this hotel to stay in, :)

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank kr1st0ff3r
ursula m, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Beaumont, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2013

Thank you for choosing the Red Roof Inn Beaumont! We appreciate your comments and thank you for giving us the opportunity to have you as our guest. We hope to see you back soon!

Reviewed 1 November 2013

Red Roof Inn is the best hotel chain in the value class bar none. This is the second time I've stayed at a RRI and like the first time I absolutely loved it. Other chains should take notes and follow their lead. From now on I will forgo the search for hotels and just go to the nearest RRI if available. That's how much I like this chain. The following are my pros and cons:

1) Decor: ultramodern. Whoever they picked to coordinate their look really did a good job. Hardwood floors, modern lamps, extremely modern bathroom (wait until you see this cool bathroom). Shower (no bathtub) has a nonsliding glass door partition (no door...very cool). Pedestal vanity with a bowl type basin (again...very cool).

2) Bed...better than the one I sleep on at home. Very comfortable with quality cotton bedspreads not that cheap nylon type that is seen at every budget hotel....ewwww.

3) Television LED HDTV need I say more? Still in this day and age I see old CRT type televisions at Super 8's and Motel 6's. When are these ancient relics finally going to give up the ghost and go TV heaven (or hell)?

4) Front desk personnel. I can't say enough about how friendly this particular chain's employees are. Kayla at the front desk was so nice and friendly (and good looking to boot). She's a real plus. The other lady who's name escapes me at the moment was equally professional. The HR dept hit a home run with these two.

5) Lobby: Very well laid out, Big comfortable leather chairs. Inviting. So inviting I sat and chatted with another guest for twenty minutes drinking coffee. He told me about the alligator in the creek behind the hotel (more on that later). Great public place in the hotel.

6) Price: $49 for a standard room...can't beat that with a stick. I used to stay at the Knights Inn about a mile down on the other side of I-10 for $45 (what a dump). It's a trucker's motel (and I'm a trucker) that reeks of prostitution. After finding this place my shadow will never darken their doors again.

and now for the cons...

1) Location: If I was an investor looking to build in Beaumont off of the I-10 I would've paid more money for a better location. If traveling eastbound on I-10 you have to go one mile past the hotel, exit, travel further on the service road, make a u-turn under the interstate, travel westbound on the service road for one mile, go through a major intersection (Washington Blvd) and go just a little bit further and you're there. Getting back on the eastbound 1-10 was more convenient. Traveling westbound on I-10 would be better. This hotel practically has it's own on ramp to westbound I-10.

2) No coffee maker in standard rooms. This was disappointing. I like my coffee in the morning and I don't like to have to get dressed and ride an elevator down four floors to get a cup of joe. Only the deluxe rooms with the mini fridge and microwave get the coffee maker. Deluxe rooms cost $10 more. My suggestion is that management should include a coffee maker in the standard rooms also.

3) No continental breakfast regardless of which rooms you get. They just don't have it. They do however have a vending machine that has muffins and such for $2.50. Not a dealbreaker though. There's plenty of restaurants close by.

All in all this is a very good hotel and would've given it five stars if it wasn't for the location and the lack of a coffee maker. I WILL BE BACK and will look for any Red Roof Inns wherever my travels lead me. Hope this helps all you weary travelers.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for choosing the Red Roof Inn Beaumont! Thank you for sharing your comments about our hotel and staff. They are greatly appreciated. As with any business, we here at the Red Roof Inn strive to provide the best customer service possible. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you for future travels!

Reviewed 10 October 2013

First let me start off by saying that this hotel has a lot of potential. The rates are good and condition of the hotel is pretty good. However, there are a few things that can be done to make this hotel really, really good. 1. Provide better looking linen on the bed. The linen had hair and cotton pellets on the flat sheets. I ended up sleeping on the top sheet with the blanket as my cover. 2. Make sure that the phone lines work properly and that the tv remote is in the room. Let me say this, the young lady was very nice and happily replaced the remote and the phone. However, from a customer's point of view it is an inconvenience. 3. Add a door to the shower and get a better shower head. The water got everywhere, 4. It would be nice if the hotel offered something other than free coffee. A continental breakfast would be nice. The fitness center sucked! Its small and some of the equipment did not work. Overall, a good stay for one night.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
ursula m, Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Beaumont, responded to this reviewResponded 23 December 2013

Dear Valued Customer,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. We appreciate your comments and we have addressed the issues that you have stated. As always, we want to provide the best customer experience possible. Thank you again, and we look forward to having you stay with us in the future.

Reviewed 9 October 2013

This hotel is very modern and clean. We got the king bed business for $54.99 a night! You can not beat that price!! It was clean, new, staff are friendly. Normally I would NEVER stay in a hotel for that price, because I know what you get, but not at this hotel. For the budget and quality, I would stay here again!! Usually with budget, quality and location goes down. Not at Red Roof Inn.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
ursula m, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Beaumont, responded to this reviewResponded 23 December 2013

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Red Roof Inn! We strive to provide the best customer service possible. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to have you as our guests. We look forward to seeing you for future travels!

Reviewed 13 September 2013 via mobile

I got a king bed business suite...which was nice. The bed was comfy and the flat screen was nice and had good chanels. The staff were quick and kind when i checked in and very helpful when i had questions. Mall, movie theater, and foot eats within 20min drive. Great for a short stay on a budget! I would deff stay here again!

• Stayed: September 2013