“You really get what you pay for here!”

Red Roof Inn & Suites Beaumont
Ranked #21 of 33 Hotels in Beaumont
Reviewed 12 January 2014

This was my first and based on this experience, probably last stay at a Red Roof Inn. I was skeptical, but decided to try it based on the positive reviews here. First of all it is not as represented in the photos shown. It may have looked nice when first opened, but it is really showing wear. Everything is very cheaply done. We had a room with 2 beds and there were only 2 bath towels, 2 washcloths and 1 hand towel. We only had 2 people, but if we had more, I guess I would have had to go to the front desk to ask for more towels. One of the hand towels was either dirty or stained and I had to go swap it out. The desk clerk opened a vacant room and got one from there for me. The sheets were so thin, you could read through them and had holes in them too, as well as a cigarette burn in the blanket and we had a non smoking room. The bottom of the bathtub was either stained or dirty. There was no blow dryer in the room. Everything was bare bones and not at all nice. I'm sure it was nicer when new and it was decorated nicely. We did not have the nice shower described here, we had a tub. The "hard wood" floors described here only go as far as the entry way of the room, the rest is carpeted. It is dog friendly, so if you need a place to stay with your dog, this might be a good option, there were lots of dogs in the hallways. The front desk clerk was nice.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank travlingal51
ursula m, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Beaumont, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. In reading that review, there were some issues with your stay. I sincerely apologize and would like to discuss these issues with you. You can contact me at the hotel at your convenience. The number is 409-842-8200.

Reviewed 7 January 2014

We stayed here 1 night. Very nice hotel staff. Great restaurant next door for Seafood and Gumbo..FLOYDS... We have a service dog and there was plenty of grass to walk her. We utilized the laundry room which was very helpful. Right off the I10 freeway. The rate for the room was great. No breakfast but hot coffee available. We had a room with a fridge and cook top, all for under 65.00...

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. We thank you for giving us the opportunity to have you as our guest! We hope to see you back soon!

Reviewed 29 December 2013

I was exhausted and food drunk after Xmas dinner with family and Kayla was very friendly, efficient and empathetic. I was checked in and in a room in less than 8 minutes...One of my best Xmas gifts...Thank you from a sure to stay again customer

Room Tip: No tip needed! Great location right off I-10 is all I got
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
ursula m, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Beaumont, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. Our staff strives to provide excellent customer service to all of our customers. It is nice to know that we succeeded! Thank you for giving us the opportunity to have you as our guest. We hope to see you back soon!

Reviewed 14 December 2013 via mobile

Some what surprised by what I saw when I got to the room, if all Red Roof Inn's looks like this one I will be considering staying there wherever I go. Was ever updated, clean and comfortable bed's nice flat screen TV, just well out together. The bathroom was also very updated but more over the value is the best part.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
ursula m, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Beaumont, responded to this reviewResponded 23 December 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. We appreciate your comments and look forward to having you for your future travels!

Reviewed 11 December 2013

So, I decided to try the Red Roof Inn because they didn't charge for pets and they were number #5 on TA versus my other choice, Days Inn which was #6 and for the price I said, "hey...why not?" Boy was that a bad idea...my first impression is seeing a woman in pajamas sitting in the lobby talking loudly on the phone, and from the way she was interacting with the front desk attendant...I assume she works here. Putting that aside, I get no information about any amenities, but at least I got a room key...so I was told to park at the end of the building and come to find out I would have fared better parked where I was, as my room was at the opposite end of where she told me. I get to the room, and it REEKS of cigarette smoke. I try to get over it, but it was over powering...I go down to tell the front desk, and she was on the phone...so I just brushed it off, at shift change I told (Quita?) about it and she said she would switch my room, which she did and it was fine...but she made me walk all the way downstairs, with all my stuff...instead of bringing me a key.This only bothers me because it was a simple thing she could have done to make my stay more pleasant, and she too was on the phone with what sounds like a friend not a customer.

Disappointing, from someone who has worked in hotels for years.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Red Roof Inn! I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of our hotel. In reading that review, you mention some issues at check in. I can assure you that this is not the standard for us. I have addressed these issues with my clerk (s), and the long term guest that was sitting in the lobby. Again, my sincerest apology. We look forward to seeing you for future travels!

Reviewed 1 December 2013

We are traveling with a pet and Red Roof accepts pets without any extra charge, which is a nice bonus. The room was very accessible from the lobby and very modern in decor. The bed was very comfortable and large (king). The room had a strange smell when the heater came on and was a bit disconcerting. We figured there was an air freshener of unusual scent installed in the heater......The bath area was spacious and the hotel was quiet. Only coffee was offered in the morning. Staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
ursula m, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Beaumont, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write your comments. We appreciate the opportunity to have you as our guest. We look forward to seeing you at the Red Roof Inn Beaumont for your future travels!

Reviewed 24 November 2013

Kayla at the front desk and the other staff at this hotel were very knowledgeable, friendly, and provided great service. This was our first time at this hotel chain, and we heard that this hotel is pretty new---which was nice. Very clean and comfortable. In the king deluxe room, there was a refrigerator and microwave. Next door is Floyd's Cajun Restaurant, which had great food. The only thing that they are not currently offering is breakfast, but the price is right, regardless. We would stay here again while passing through the area.

Room Tip: The king deluxe rooms are worth it if you would like the amenities of fridge and microwave.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. Our staff strives to provide excellent customer service to all of our customers. Kayla (as well as other employees) is certainly an asset to our company! Again, we appreciate your comments and we look forward to seeing you for future travels!