“Over night travel”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Beaumont West
Ranked #10 of 33 Hotels in Beaumont
Reviewed 30 April 2014

This motel is very comfortable and the breakfast is good. It was under renovations at the time we stayed there and I felt a little put out by that. I have stayed here in the past and will stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 28 April 2014

This hotel is very nice, and located very close to some good resturants. They are currently remodeling but should be finished soon. The staff were very courtesous and helpful, rooms were clean and comfortable.

Room Tip: Convenient location.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 March 2014

The occasion was a special one-night get-a-way to celebrate a birthday. Planned at the last moment with the price as a prime consideration. Check-in was less than engaging. . .almost as if I were an inconvenience rather than a hotel guest. Truckers use this property and each tractor occupies 6 or 7 parking slots. Automobile parking is clearly a problem. Overall, not an UNPLEASANT stay, but I regularly enjoy better experiences at other similar hotels.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank John D O
Reviewed 10 March 2014

This hotel was under renovation when we stayed, the first room we got smelled of cigarette smoke ( non smoking hotel) the 2nd one we received smelled of fresh paint, the toilet lid was broken and you couldn't walk around the bed ( to close to the wall). when it came time to check out took them 20+ minutes to tell me they couldn't print receipt would have to email me. Would not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 February 2014

Nothing said quality or excellence. From the drab interior to the breakfast area to the room. You would think that management would have a checklist of things to periodically check in the room regard to the presentation of the room and maintenance. The card reader on the door would not consistently work. The drain on the sink was broke. The drapes were mis-hung and would not close. I had to attempt to rehang so that they would close. They are obviously recarpeting the hotel. You think that before they release a room to service afterwards, they would make sure everything is in top shape.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 February 2014

Arrived 30 min. after check-in and had to wait another 45. before room was ready. Hotel was "being renovated" so also there were furnishings scattered throughout the hallways leaving hardly any rrom to get around. When we got to our room (2 room suite) the air conditioner did not blow cold in the living room space and the handle on the toilet was broken. Didn't report this till 2:30 in the morning when the fire alarm started chirping waking me and my family up. Staff at front desk (later found out he had only been working there 2 days) called someone and then told me it was probably an electrical problem and tried to get me another room to which I was send on a wild goose chase to look at rooms which he said were 2 room suites that were not. I eventually returned to my room and unplugged the fire alarm. Reported all this again to the manager the next morning who said he would get us another 2 room suite at 1 pm. The maintenance person showed up and fixed our toilet and fire alarm but not the air conditioner. He was nice and helpful. 3 pm rolled around and our new room was still not ready so we chose to stay in our original room and take a discount off our stay. When we checked out manager was not there but found out he discounted our bill a whole $15. NOT SATISFIED WITH THAT. When I pay for the nicest room you have I EXPECT the nicest room you have. I paid a rate of $115 and got discounted on the taxes NOT the sub-par room itself!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 February 2014

Horrible, the worst stay at a Laquinta ever!! I am a Returns member and unfortunately the quality of laquintas vary and sometimes get suprised by the horrible conditions. They gave me a room that was not cleaned, they removed the bedding on one of the beds, the bathroom was dirty, the security lock was broken, I recieved an "upgrade" to a king. Air conditioning did not work, they still have the old mattress and outdated bedding they are upgrading the rooms or something, very loud noises, could not stay the whole time smelled of paint the whole time. The other Laquinta in town is worse!!! save your time and money!!!

Room Tip: stay somewhere else!!!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo