“Food and service mediocre”
Review of Outback Steakhouse

Outback Steakhouse
Ranked #26 of 276 Restaurants in Beaumont
Price range: US$31 - US$40
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Beaumont, Texas
“Food and service mediocre”
Reviewed 15 August 2014

We decided to try the Wed. night special, price was good for small sirloin, salad, side and dessert. I opted to pay more for the chopped salad with pecans and grilled asparagus. The wait staff was cordial but obviously not trained very well. He brought our salads with little or no dressing on my husbands and my chop salad was so salty I had to turn it back. Out steaks came and were tender but had absolutely no taste. Our waiter kept coming to the table taking our used dishes and the forks and knives leaving us with no utensils till we stopped him and said it would be hard to eat a steak without a knife. He then brought our desserts which were good however he brought them with a huge tablespoon to use to eat them. We left knowing we would not return. The restaurant staff seemed more interested in visiting with each other than waiting of customers per se, or when they did come to the table they talked your ear off. There is a fine line in wait service between being friendly and then just being a pest. You don't ask patrons why they are not going to finish all their steak, their salad, do they think they should have ordered a smaller steak etc. The restaurant was lack luster in all areas of décor and appeal. I would go somewhere else for a steak dinner.

• Visited August 2014

Texas
“Average Steakhouse, But Very Pricey...”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

The menu is average the prices are high and the steaks are just OK. I would hate for you to waste your time eating here. But it is Family Friendly, $$$

Visited July 2013
Lake Charles, Louisiana
“Passing through Beaumont on our way home from Houston”
Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

We met our daughter at this location. It is her favorite to dine in Beaumont. We were early so it was not crowded. The service was good. The food was prepared well. It is a chain and you can get the same menu at many locations so I only rated it 4 stars.

1 Thank E B
Orange, Texas
“Enjoyable experience”
Reviewed 16 April 2014

My husband and I recently received a $50 gift card for Outback......we had not been there in several years. We decided to go last Saturday afternoon, arriving at 5:00, which was a good time because within the hour the restaurant was very busy. We were seated right away. We both ordered frozen margaritas, but were surprised that that is not served there, only on the rocks. So, my husband ordered a beer and I ordered the sweet tea, which was very good. We started off with the famous blooming onion. We both agreed that it is smaller than it used to be, but still very good and certainly plenty for the two of us. Then I ordered a crispy chicken sandwich and my husband ordered the baby back ribs, 1/2 order. Our waiter was excellent, making sure we did not get run out of drinks, making sure everything was to our satisfaction. Also, another man, maybe the manager?, came by to check on us, which was extra nice. We both enjoyed our meals. But, be aware, the chicken sandwich is very spicy (I liked it though). Since we wanted to finish off the gift card, we ordered the brownie dessert, which we shared. It was good.....by then we were stuffed.Our bill was $46 and then we doubled the tax to figure our waiter's tip. Overall, an enjoyable experience, enjoying delicious food. We decided that we needed to eat here more often.

Visited April 2014
Beaumont, Texas
“We enjoyed our Valentine Day dinner”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Food was great. Service was great. Restroom was clean! Plenty parking. They even allowed us to make a reservation on Valentine's Day for our dinner. Good location. Kinda pricey but it was a special date for my husband and I so we enjoyed it all.

Visited February 2014