“Royal Treatment” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 33 Hotels in Beaumont
Texas
“Royal Treatment”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2011

Wanted to again thank you for the special exceptional service given during
our recent TX TOPS SRD Convention held at your facilities, April 8 & 9 2011. From the time I arrived April 5 until I left April 10, "everyone" wore a smile and was there to take care of our needs and requests. Our theme being "Wings of Change" you even carried out our theme with butterflies.

I personally think at least one of you, if not several personally stayed on
the property for the entire week as someone was always available. One or more of you were always visible and available to ask if there
were any additional help or assistance you could offer. Sarah, as did several of you would personally contact me to say when you would be leaving for the day and time you would be back the following morning. Plus I was given contact numbers where I could
reach most of you on a 24 hour basis, if needed.

The banquet staff is definitely to be commended for setting up the rooms and
taking care of some last minutes changes that needed to be addressed.

Several times either myself or others of my committee were able to just go
to the front desk and tell whoever was on duty of our needs and within minutes
it would be addressed and taken care of.

In my 24 years as TOPS Coordinator, I have served as Chairman of KOPS
on International Conventions in Texas and Colorado plus worked on all Texas
Conventions along with attending State TOPS Conventions in Oklahoma, New
Mexico, Louisiana, Kansas and Arkansas. Never had I witnessed a more attentive
staff. Leaving was like saying goodbye to special friends. We were indeed
given the royal treatment.

I will most definitely recommend your facility to everyone.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank RFLS0227

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Charleston, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2011

Great Location! I had the opportunity of staying at the Holiday Inn Beaumont during a business travel in April 2011. My overall experince was A+! Hotel is a little older but overall the feel was great. The food was overall good with great service, room was clean, housekeeping was prompt and bar was enjoyable.

The hotel offered several other amenties that I did not take advantage of which included banquet space, piano area, open atrium with beautiful waterfall, swimming pool (look nice) and work-out area.

I recommend the hotel for business or pleasure and had an overall great experience during my stay and will be returning in the future.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank MissCharlestonTravel
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2011

i came to visit my friend for her birthday and i stayed at the holiday inn and it was a very nice hotel, everything was up to my standards. The staff was very friendly and helpful. My room was very nice. The breakfast buffet was awesome and so was the waiters. All i can say about the frontdesk is they know there customer service skills. When i make my trip back that way i will stay at the holiday inn again.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank bigboy256003
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2011

I stayed there last week in one of the suites only be be waken to a bed full of bed bugs. There were three beds in the suite and all the beds had bugs. We were moved to another room by the thoughtless staff and guess what more bugs. The night mangers suggested that we moved the bugs to the other room when we moved our things and they were comping the room. I felt like she was saying stop bothering me the room is free. I explained to her that money was not the problem because I had my money when I booked the room. When I asked for a real manager to be at my room door the next morning no one ever came. We I reported the incident the next morning the manager told me I they do not have bugs. HAHAHA!!! I have video and she almost dropped to her knees. The night manager never reported the incident. And the room was ready to be booked by another victim. After everyone saw the video the room was taken off the market. This is room 620 and 720. Please beware

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank crw94

Travellers are raving about these Beaumont hotels

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2010

I was returning to Beaumont after 20 plus years for my college reunion and homecoming, Holiday Inn was one of two host hotel.s We chose HI because of the location and the seemingly nice room seen on the internet. Boy was I wrong!! Upon arrival and checking we noitced a stale musky odor. We traveled with Lysol and sprayed down the room. Next, one of my travel companion noticed what looked to be blood on the bed sheets. Housekeeping promptly changed the linens. We then noticed mold around the tub and a/c vents. I have asthma so i was very concerned. The next morning as I was getting dressed I was snacking on a banana. I laid the banana for a few moments and returned to see two med sized roaches snacking on the banana as well. This will so gross I was ready to check-out!!! We waited for towels more than one hour and still never got them. I could go on but you get the picture. This place was not clean and in my opinion in need of major face-lift. I will not recommend this hotel or would I stay here again until mgt addresses these issues.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank pbbag15
areno24, Area Revenue Manager at Holiday Inn Beaumont Plaza, responded to this review, 20 October 2010
Dear pbbag15,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay. I appears that everything that could have gone wrong for you did and for that we appologize. We take great care in the inspection of our rooms and are working with the housekeeping department to make sure our proceedures are followed and enforced. We appreciate you taking the time to report your experience with us.

Sincerely ,
San Antonio, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2010

Do not stay here. I was on the third floor near the elevator on a Saturday night. The noise from the atrium area kept me up until midnight. Then beginning on Sunday morning at 6:30 am, people getting on and off the elevator again made it impossible to sleep. To top it off, the drain in the bathtub did not work. This was one of the worst nights I have ever spent in a hotel.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
areno24, Area Revenue Manager at Holiday Inn Beaumont Plaza, responded to this review, 30 September 2010
Dear J280954 of San Antonio,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay. We apologize that the noise from the elevators and other guests disturbed your stay with the hotel. We appreciate you taking the time to write to us and informing us of the drain situation in your room. We will have our maintenance team check the floors so that we can correct this situation. We appreciate all comments and your voice will not go unheard. Thank you again for staying with us and we hope that you will give us another chance to impress you when staying the Beaumont Area.

Aaron.Reno@jqh.com
Lampasas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2010

Lobby waterfall was nice. Was told a 10 year old was not safe to go alone from 1st floor to 2nd floor were our room 206 was. Then at 2:30 am someone who was not suppose to be in the Hotel (we were told) pulled the fire alarm, very scary, rush, rush leave everything and go outside, then could not go back to sleep. So I guess Security is not good there. Around 8am we went down to take a morning swim and they had just shocked the pool, they should do that in the wee hours. Hotel would be great for adults without children.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
Dear LampasasRiver

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay. We apologize that the pool area was not available to you and your family and your comments make a valid point, a point that will be shared with the rest of the maintenance department. We are also sorry that the fire alarm disturbed your family's stay. We do our very best to make sure that registered guests and guests of our guests are only allowed on the premises . We hope that you give us a second chance when visiting the Beaumont area. Should you have any further concerns please feel free to contact me directly.

Aaron.Reno@jqh.com