“Crazy crowd, Nice staff. Will not stay here again.”

Holiday Inn Beaumont Plaza
Ranked #2 of 33 Hotels in Beaumont
North Florida
“Crazy crowd, Nice staff. Will not stay here again.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2013

I should have kept going when I pulled up and there was a police car out front.

I was greeted by a sweet desk clerk who apologized for the police out front and the man screaming at someone on the telephone. The lobby was filled with adults screaming and children running everywhere.
My room was surprisingly quiet and comfortable. The carpet and bathroom were a bit dated but housekeeping had tried to do their best by folding the tissues into fun shapes and providing us with extra Bath & Body Works toiletries. In the morning I went to 5 of the 8 floors in search of ice. Obviously the ice machines working was not a hotel priority. On several of the floors there was trash thrown out of the rooms into the hallway. The hotel cannot be responsible for the disgusting habits of their guests, but by 11:00 some of the trash should have been removed by the hotel staff.
Do not recommend staying at this hotel.
By the way, the lobby has a Texas flag that is about 4 stories high. Great!!!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Kathleen S
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Beaumont Plaza, responded to this review, 13 August 2013
Dear Kathleen S,

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us. I am pleased to hear that you liked you room accommodation. We work diligently to ensure our facilities and services are superior and we try our hardest to provide not just good value, but comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. I am sorry that we failed to deliver an exemplary hotel stay experience in a few areas. Please accept our sincere apologies about the noise. It is certainly not our intent to inconvenience our values guest but instead offer a relaxing and enjoyable stay. Your patronage and support to the hotel is very important to us and we hope you give us another chance to show you how great our hotel is.

Lera P
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Saint Joseph, Missouri
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2013

We have stayed here before and can not believe they have let this hotel become what it is now. The staff other than the housekeeping staff are RUDE and act as if you are bothering them for ANYTHING!
They did nothing when it was brought to their attention that others staying in the hotel were fighting and screaming at 3 in the morning. We really got the feeling that we were intruding on them and their "friends". Very sad since we have stayed here before while attending class reunions but WON'T in the future. The whirlpool was not working and needed to be totally redone. Paint coming off every where.
I even sent a complaint into the corporate office but got NO response. Not surprised poor customer service starts from the top.

Room Tip: Stay some where else if you want a good family experience. If you want a good "hang" out...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank barrow121
CharlesWatts, General Manager at Holiday Inn Beaumont Plaza, responded to this review, 29 July 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Holiday Inn Beaumont Plaza and taking the time to complete an online review of our hotel. Unfortuately as I read your review I noticed that you did not have a great stay and I would love to discuss the issues that you endured so that we can ensure that the next guest does not have the same experience that you had. My email is Charles.Watts@jqh.com or you can call me directly at 409-842-7800.

Charles Watts

Travellers are raving about these Beaumont hotels

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2013

The hotel itself was great. The room was pretty small. The staff was absolutely amazing. I had two complaints. they have weddings at this hotel so there were tons of guests as well as their guests. There were a bunch of kids who ran unsupervised down the hallways. They also dominated the pool and hot tub which I was looking forward to relaxing in after a 12 hour drive but was unable to get near. Then at night the adults came past the room making noise. I would stay there again although I wish that they would enforce the supervision of children rule. The staff was fantastic and went out of their way. Ashly and jeremy rocked it

• Stayed May 2013
2 Thank liberty4034
CharlesWatts, General Manager at Holiday Inn Beaumont Plaza, responded to this review, 4 September 2013
Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Beaumont Plaza. We strive to provide the Best Guest Experience and we are delighted to hear that we were succesful! We thank you for giving us the opportunity to have you as our guest and we hope to see you back soon!

Slidell, Louisiana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2013

Hotel is clan but my room showed its age. The last time I stayed here was about ten years ago.I was to stay have my room comp;ed, but was charged anyway. At check in the on duty front desk check in staff made note of the comp, at check out the on duty front desk staff acknowledge the comp but was charged any way, have not straighten these out yet.
Aside from the billing issue, the place is clean but a bit worn around the edges..

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Bill167
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Beaumont Plaza, responded to this review, 9 June 2013
Dear Bill167,

Thank you for choosing our hotel to stay with. I am deeply sorry you received service that was less than satisfactory. We are hospitality professionals and pride ourselves on delivering world class service. I have sent you a private message in effort to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare
Woodville, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2013

I just wanted to get away from it all and booked through Hot Wire.com as a mystery property. I was very pleased with the cleanliness of my room and the space. The hot tub was out of service and it would have been nice to soak in it after a hard day but things happen. great location and very friendly staff.

Room Tip: Stay away from the fountain.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank jon m

Jasper, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2013

I have stayed at this Holiday Inn several times. I have not had any bad experiences and enjoy the atmosphere. The bar is nice and it is directly across the street from several good places to eat. Not far from Ford Park if you are going there.

Room Tip: If you are on the ground floor it is a little noisier.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Brenda M
Rock Hill, South Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2013

Imagine if you will a business run by a group of Middle School Students. I had spent last night at the Holiday Inn in Mobile where they had a wonderful customer service training program. I believe I have found where the failures were sent. I really felt as if I should get my driving gloves out of my truck, drag the front desk clerk across the counter and slap him around to get some information about the hotel. With his poor attitude, I wanted to slap him around anyway. Things I found out about the hotel on my own; they have a restaurant; they have a pool and hot tub; what the WiFi password was; never did find the ice machine. By the time we settled in we were so disgusted we decided to go across the street and eat thus avoiding the in house restaurant and a possibly unpleasant dining experience. The one bright spot was when I asked one of the employees at the bar for the ice machine she filled my ice bucket. Sadly this bit of positive customer service seemed the exception rather than the rule.

Room Tip: Try the La Quinta down the road.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank peterswc
CharlesWatts, General Manager at Holiday Inn Beaumont Plaza, responded to this review, 15 April 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Holiday Inn Beaumont Plaza and taking the time to complete an online review of our hotel but Thank you even more for showing constraint and not slapping our Front Desk agent. As you stated about our Mobile property Holiday Inn spends a lot of time and effort to train our associates so that each guest has a great experience. Unfortuately as I read your review I noticed that you did not have a great stay and I would love to discuss the issues that you endured so that we can ensure that the next guest does not have the same experience that you had. My email is Charles.Watts@jqh.com or you can call me directly at 409-842-7800.