“Do NOT stay here!!”

Ranked #3 of 33 Hotels in Beaumont
Sugar Land
“Do NOT stay here!!”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Where should I begin? First of all, the hotel was dirtier than I expected compared to other Holiday Inn properties. It was older, the carpet had an old worn out look to it. The gym area was not maintained cleanly and no towels were available. There were 4 people (2 adults, 2 children) staying in our room, so obviously we needed 4 sets of towels. When we requested for extra towels, the staff would not accommodate us until we made an extremely big fuss about it. The checkin process was way too long. Granted there was a softball tournament happening that weekend and many softball teams were staying there, but the staff should have known that ahead of time. There were no (zero) hangers available in our room and when we asked for more, the staff said they would bring it to us, but they never did. Wifi service was extremely slow and kept disconnecting the first night we were there, but gradually improved the second night. The icemaker machine did not work at all on the 8th floor and it did not seem the hotel staff even bothered to fix the issue. Did I mention that this hotel is pet friendly? I did not know that and we had a dog in the room right next to us and it barked all night long. I love pets, but I did not expect to stay in a pet friendly hotel with a barking dog.

I would never stay at this property again. I only stayed here out of necessity since I could not get a room elsewhere.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Beaumont Plaza, responded to this review, 4 July 2014
Dear imtwoods,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to provide a review about your stay. We deeply regret to see that you did not fully enjoy your time as our guest. We take all of the reviews we receive very seriously as they allow us to identify areas that may benefit from additional attention. We have shared your comments with the staff and we trust that steps will be taken to ensure a more positive experience for you and all future guests.

Thank you again for your candid feedback. We hope to have an opportunity to serve you again soon.

Adrian D
IHGCare

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 11 June 2014

The room I stayed in was very dusty. There was a layer of dust on the furniture and the AC vents were black due to the amount of dust on them. It was disgusting. The other concern that I had was the AC couldn't be turned down lower than 70 degrees. I prefer to have the AC set to around 65, but couldn't adjust the thermostat lower than 70. The AC even struggled to get the temp down to 70 given the evening sun hitting the window (with shades closed). The temp hovered around 75 until the sun set and it finally cooled to 70. The last concern I had during my stay was the level of noise in the hotel. With a large open area in the center of the hotel, noise from the lobby and other floors traveled. I could hear kids running up and down the hall, screaming in the lobby, and doors opening and slamming shut. Luckily things quietened down late at night, but it was loud until around 11 or so. On a positive note, the staff of the hotel was very friendly and helpful. However, I can't recommend this hotel due to the issues described above.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Beaumont Plaza, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
Dear bobcats9498,

Ben J
IHGCare

Travellers are raving about these Beaumont hotels

Canada
Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

Had a very odd experience with this hotel this year. I have stayed at this hotel several times for the Williams training sessions , however this year was a bit odd. Check in was packed, food was a bit off, and worst of all the fire alarm incident at 2 am in the morning.

Nothing against the staff but I think the hotel needs a bit of a rehaul. New furniture, rooms, etc would improve it's standing.

Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Beaumont Plaza, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Dear Kinoby,

Thank you for staying with us and for leaving a review of our property. We appreciate you choosing us again for your travel. On the other hand, I am sorry for your recent stay was negatively affected by the difficulties in check- in and for any inconvenience the fire alarm and hotel condition may have caused you. We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services.

Again, thank you for staying with us and we hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.

Best Regards,

John O
Port Isabel, Texas
Reviewed 31 May 2014

I recently stayed here during a road trip from NC back to my home in Port Isabel Tx. The room I was given was very adequate, but in need of an up-date. All in all, the room was clean, the bed was comfortable and all of the amenities needed by me were available.

The Staff were great that i came in contact with including the Housekeepers. The receptionist was very accommodating , very courteous and professional.I was allowed to check in 2 hours prior to the Normal Check-in Time.

The Hotel was very easy to get to and depart from as it is located next to I-10.

The room was larger than I had thought would be available for me which was very welcomed.
There is a Waffle House restaurant across the freeway from the Hotel which added to my enjoyment of the area.I would recommend that anyone using this Hotel consider eating at the waffle House as it offers good food at a great bargain cost.

All in all, I would recommend this Hotel to anyone needing a Hotel in Lafayette as it is clean and accommodating. if you are looking for a modern, up-scale Hotel, this Hotel will not work for you.
Personally, i felt for the cost, the Hotel more than adequately met my personal needs and I would not hesitate to stay there again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Theresa C, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Beaumont Plaza, responded to this review, 10 July 2015
Dear valued guest,
We greatly appreciate your business and we want you to stay with us again. Thank you also for your honest comments.
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 8 May 2014

Its not bad , it just isn't that good. You hope for more and it really try's , it is just time to spend some money and update it. Reminds me of an old embassy suites that was taken over. ( it is not but feels that way). It is semi clean but here again areas of improvement. Rooms feel ok , just sort of "old" feeling. Breakfast was weak with a processed egg taste and fruit was ok, but tasted like a few days old. It's ok for a night but for my taste it just felt old. Staff was ok and seemed "Settled". meaning working but no real get up and go. Appreciate the stay and would not return unless had to.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Beaumont Plaza, responded to this review, 24 May 2014
Dear marcyro,

Thank you for your feedback. We give the utmost importance to our guest comments as they help us improve, and continually provide the best guest experience possible. We appreciate you bringing your concern to our attention. I am sorry you were not so pleased with your recent stay at our hotel and offer our sincere apologies for the poor service and conditions you experienced, which are certainly not up to our usual standards.

Connie D
Santa Fe, Texas
Reviewed 1 May 2014

Located next to Interstate 10 access is ideal. Check in was very quick and easy. The room was very large. We had a good breakfast (best grits around!) were ready to roll in no time. We were in town for the State Bowling tournament. Come back to swim and hang out on patio for a nice smoking area. Bonus was free coffee in the lobby in the mornings. The lobby was very large and attractive. downside. The hotel was packed with kids but staff worked hard to keep them quite.

Room Tip: Not sure it matters here not much of a view. However if you take a room on the front (south) wall t...