“Terrible”

Motel 6 Beaumont Midtown
Ranked #25 of 33 Hotels in Beaumont
Reviewed 3 March 2014

Fist and last time staying at this La Quinta.. Checked in and was off to my room. Their was guys standing right in front of my door holding a conversation and playing music. It was pretty late so I gave it a minute thought they would call it a night, didnt happen so went to front desk and was moved to another room. The second room I was moved in the AC unit did not work, so of course they moved me to another room, so onto the 3rd room turned on television worked but i couldnt not see what was showing was a big cloud on screen. At that point I gave up. The staff was nice but thats about it.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
UPatelGM, General Manager at Motel 6 Beaumont Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2016

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience with us. Your feedback is very important to us.
We strive to provide a superior guest experience, and I am sorry yours did not meet expectations.
We are a new management at this location. We will work hard to fix this issues under our management.
Rest assured appropriate measures are being taken to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.
We appreciate your sharing your concerns and hope you will give us an opportunity to better serve you in the near future.

Reviewed 25 February 2014

This was my first and last stay at a La Quinta. The guy at the front desk was nice but that was it. Before he charge me and booked me in he told me that rate of the room and said that since I was checking in at 5 am that I would not have to check out until the next day. That was a lie, I had to be out by 11 am or pay for another night, then also upon checking out they charged me an extra $20 than what the guy first told me. Now to the hotel they were painting the rooms of the hotel so it reeked of paint fumes, you had to manuever around mattress and painting supplies and carpet in the hallway. They put me in an area that I had to duck under a plastic curtian to get to my room and once inside the room it smelled like paint. The room was clean and decent except it still had the old school tvs. The breakfast in the morning was good and my kids enjoyed it. Can not really say anything else since I was only there for 6 hours.

• Stayed: February 2014
LQGS, Guest Relations Manager at Motel 6 Beaumont Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2014

Hi Tiffany, thanks for your review of our La Quinta Inn Beaumont - Midtown. We're sorry for the issues you experienced at our hotel. Our ultimate goal when doing renovations is to improve the hotel, and we apologize for any inconvenience we cause. We'll be sharing your comments with our Front Desk team, as we need to further investigate how your room was chosen. We try to keep our guests as comfortable as possible when we're renovating and we failed in your case. We'd like to chat with you further about your specific situation. Would you reach out to us at tripadvisor@laquinta.com? Thanks for all of your feedback. We hope to hear from you soon!

Reviewed 26 November 2013

To stop for the night and sleep. All of hotels got wifi except this one does not have printer. I can not print for my next day itinerary. The first room they gave was a used room to which I am not sure if it is intentional. The company I work for gave not enough budget so I book it at hotwire $49.00 + tax. Then I was move to a clean and a regular room. There is a free continental breatfast like waffles, bread, cereals, yogurt and banana. It is at the feader road of highway and is not advisable who can not sleep well with noise. The door was not locking properly and not time to get it fix late in the night to which I have to leave early. I rate it at 2.5 star.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo

Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay with us.
Your feedback will be shared with the team to serve as recognition and encouragement as we strive to continuously improve our guest experience. We are a new franchise and a new management at this location. We will work hard to keep our guest happy.

Reviewed 22 November 2013

Close by the freeway in a somewhat run down part of town this is an older property. The front desk reception was non existent, no one was there and I had to call out more than once before anyone appeared. The room overall was more than acceptable. The carpet was tired looking but the bathroom was spotless, the room clean and the bed comfortable. Despite the fact the room faced the freeway noise was not a problem and I slept well. The Wi-Fi was fine although the front desk said it was having problems and was being worked on. I did not eat breakfast and check out was prompt and efficient. If you want a clean, comfortable overnight stay that is fairly basic but well priced this hotel will meet your need.
Alex M

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 20 November 2013

Even though this La Quinta isn't in a very good looking location, our stay here was pleasant. When we entered our room we noticed that the bed sheets weren't changed and that there was some soap bubbles still left in the shower so we promptly asked the front desk clerk to move us to another room. She accomodated us quickly and professionally. If you're all about value, then this is the place to stay.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 18 November 2013

Great service - amber at the front desk is a super star! She is polite and very very helpful!

Even though our room was a designsted non-smoking room, it totally reeked of stale cigarette smoke!

There were not enough available electrical outlets to charge our phones, iPads, laptops, etc.

• Stayed: November 2013

Reviewed 10 October 2013

I am a rewards member at both La Quinta and Wyndham. Staying at this La Quinta Inn was far more enjoyable than staying at the Ramada Inn on the other side of I-10. We were met with a warm, friendly smile. Checking in was a breeze with my LQ Rewards number. Far different than checking in on the other side of the highway. The desk clerk called about a half hour after we got in the room to see if everything was OK in the room. That's something Holiday Inns use to do. The phone rang, but unfortunately there was something amiss with the phone. On our way to dinner, we stopped by the front desk to say the phone didn't have a dial tone. She wanted to have maintenance fix it right then. That's service!

The breakfast bar was great, much better than the one across the highway. Checking out was just as easy as checking it, and the morning desk was just as friendly as the evening desk clerk. For my money, I'll take the La Quinta Midtown every time over the Ramada Inn. There is a huge difference is service and attitude.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business