“Should not allow trucks!”

Motel 6 Beaumont Midtown
Ranked #26 of 33 Hotels in Beaumont
Katy, Texas
“Should not allow trucks!”
Reviewed 8 May 2014

Arrived and checked in around 4:00 PM, went out to dinner and returned at 9:00 PM. Upon returning a large semi-refer was parked 20 feet from our door with the engine running. Complained to the desk and she said she would check into it, upon returning the response was "it is a refrigerator truck/trailer and it needed to run". I explained that I rented the room to sleep and with the noise it would be next to impossible. I asked that the truck be moved to the front next to the moving truck parked there and was told there wasn't room to park there. I checked and at least three trucks could have been parked there. To summarize, don't stay unless you are a sound sleeper and running truck engines don't bother you. The night staff did little to help and upon complaining at check out was given $20 off for a very poor night's sleep.
There were no trucks at 4:00 when we left for dinner.
The room was clean but well used.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
UPatelGM, General Manager at Motel 6 Beaumont Midtown, responded to this review, 31 December 2016
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience with us. Your feedback is very important to us.
We strive to provide a superior guest experience, and I am sorry yours did not meet expectations.
We are a new management at this location. We will work hard to fix this issues under our management.
Rest assured appropriate measures are being taken to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.
We appreciate your sharing your concerns and hope you will give us an opportunity to better serve you in the near future.
Umesh Patel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
BEAUMONT, United States
Reviewed 2 May 2014

need to get more cleaning staff to keep up with cleaning of rooms to be ready for next customer coming in and not have to wait for 3 1/2 hours to get checked in. Staff needs to have more knowledge of what they can and cant do.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay with us.
Your feedback will be shared with the team to serve as recognition and encouragement as we strive to continuously improve our guest experience. We are a new franchise and a new management at this location. We will work hard to keep our guest happy.
Thank you again for sharing. We hope your next visit will be even better.
Motel 6
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 28 April 2014

I usually stay at LaQuinta because of their pet policy and the quality of their properties. Well, I checked in this motel at approximately 8:00 p.m. Tuesday evening to be close to the hospital in Beaumont, Texas. After visiting the hospital I returned to the room after 11:00 p.m.; I dozed off and woke up with ROACHES crawling everywhere!!! They were on the bed with me, on the walls, on the floor, on the fridge, microwave, in the bathroom, disqusting. I even ignored the party that was going on in the parking lot, by the pool, etc., at 2:30 a.m. I was re-loading my car and waiting for the manager. Then the manager asked if I wanted to change rooms, really??? No, I wanted a different Hotel. I think this may be a "No-tell, Motel." So, unless they tear down and re-build, I would not recommend this motel to anyone.

Room Tip: The rooms have been remodeled and look nice, but don't be fooled by appearance. The ROACHES hav...
1 Thank irma2lucy
Umesh Patel

Travellers are raving about these Beaumont hotels

Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Reviewed 25 April 2014

I have stayed at this hotel several times. Staff is courteous and efficient. Rooms are clean. The pool is usually open and very clean. The location is excellent just off the interstate with numerous restaurants in the area.

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay with us.
Thank you again for sharing. We hope your next visit will be even better.
Motel 6
Lake Jackson, Texas
Reviewed 8 April 2014

It was a very pretty day and my husband and I wanted to read the newspaper at the pool. The pool was very clean and the area around the pool was clean. However, the gates were locked. We asked the manager to unlock the gates for us. We were notified by the front desk that the manager would not unlock the gates as he said the pool was being cleaned. There was no one around cleaning the pool and as I said the pool was spotless. We had no intention of swimming and we told the front desk that. The person said the manager did not care. They were not unlocking the gate and we could not sit at the pool. The manager did not appear to me to care about his guests and accomodating them. What is the point in having a pool? We did not want to just hang out in our room.