“Very good food, excellent service.”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Shiver's Bar-B-Q

Shiver's Bar-B-Q
Ranked #1 of 165 Restaurants in Homestead
Price range: US$7 - US$22
Cuisines: American, Grill, Barbecue
Good for: Cheap Eats, Child-friendly, Kids, Groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Drinks, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Shiver's BBQ is a family-owned and operated restaurant in Homestead, Fl. It has been serving authentic hickory smoked barbecue for over 50 years! Family generations have grown up eating here. Shiver's specializes in slow smoked meats such as baby back ribs, pork spare ribs, beef ribs, chicken, beef brisket, pork, and more. Many items, such as the pulled pork, have been smoked for 12 hours or more! This process ensures that each bite will be tasty and tender all the way through.
Traverse City, Michigan
“Very good food, excellent service.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

Had the pulled pork and baby back ribs with fried okra and collard greens. Everything was delicious . Super nice waitress. Get there early to avoid a wait.

2 Thank Supersport18

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Homestead, Florida
“BEST BBQ IN ALL OF SOUTH FLORIDA”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014

Hands down, you want a smoked BBQ flavor that keeps you coming back for more. This is it! With or without BBQ sauce, baby back ribs, pull porked sandwich and Brisket is my favorite. Don't forget the green beans and sweet corn souffle. Only downfall I encounter is not wheechair friendly using picnic tables. If wheelchair bound, get it to go.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank MLynn305
Miami, Florida
“Best Pork Spareribs”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014

I have eaten lots of barbecue all over, from Memphis to St Louis to texas. and Miami is definitely barbecue challenged. but I have to say, that after eating at Shivers, I have to retract. because eating their pork spare ribs was a spiritual experience. They were perfect in every way. Smoke, taste, tenderness were all perfect. I ate more than I should have. However, stick to the ribs, because the beef brisket was dry and tough. And the pulled pork was a little dry and a little chewy as well. but not as bad as the brisket. But if you order the pork spare ribs, you will be happy all over. The cole slaw was pretty good too.

Miami, Florida
“Best BBQ!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2014 via mobile

I love this place!! You need to try the beef brisket, sweet potato soufflé, corn on the Cobb and especially the peach cobbler!

“Is there 0 stars ?”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2014

The worst place I have ever tried in the U.S. I am not going to write a long review. I had beef ribs and I got food poisined. It's been 4 days and I couldn't get back to normal. Please if you love yourself dont ever go there. Even when I remember I feel I am about to vomit. I got E.Coli from the beef ribs.

2 Thank Barkan G
Michael C, Owner at Shiver's Bar-B-Q, responded to this review, 17 April 2014
Dear Sir,

While I apologize that you are ill, I find it highly unlikely that you were "food poisoned" with E. Coli from our beef ribs. We serve many beef ribs every day and we have had no other issues. Out of curiosity, how did you pinpoint the beef ribs as the culprit?