The Hotel Redland
US$116
US$113
Hampton.com
Courtyard by Marriott Miami Homestead(Homestead)(Great Value!)
US$121
US$57
Hotwire.com
US$89
US$76
All reviewshistoric hoteleverglades national parkthe whistle stopal caponefruit standwelcome cocktailoff street parkingham and cheese omeletluxury lodgingsized showersouthern floridamartini barincluded breakfast isrestaurant downstairsnice toiletriesearly riserschain hotel
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My wife and I had been driving for hours in heavy traffic and we needed a stop over for the night. We checked into the Redland hoping for some peace and quiet. We were met by a wonderful staff who quickly got us a room and informed us that there was a full bar and restaurant downstairs. We washed up and went to the "Bistro & Martini Bar" downstairs and had a fabulous seafood dinner. We had a very relaxing evening as we woundown from the stress of the many hours in the car. Our room was on the small side but was well lighted, clean and very quiet. We enjoyed a fine nights sleep in this 100 year old hotel and ate a good cooked breakfast before we left in the morning. The Hotel Redland was a real treat to find and we highly recommend it. Give it a try- you won't be sorry.

Room Tip: Walled off-street parking is located behind the hotel.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BluegooseTraveler
Reviewed 15 April 2018

So happy we found this little hotel. What a nice surprise! After a long day of work and travel, the staff could not have been nicer. The owners went out of their way to make us feel comfortable and kept the kitchen open to serve us the best chocolate dessert we have ever had! Thank you! We will return for sure.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank VocalBetty
Reviewed 14 April 2018 via mobile

Loved the night I stayed here! I stayed at a “hotel” the night before which was a modern day, boring, regular, barely breakfast hotel. Coming here was a perfect dinner, great bartender and great drinks, super friendly staff, super comfy bed-n-breakfast room, great prices...look, I could keep going, but it would take hours. Stay here!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Steve Y
hotelredland, Front Office Manager at The Hotel Redland, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2018

thanks a lot

Reviewed 14 April 2018

Our first stop for our 25th anniversary was this beautiful gem. We arrived in the late afternoon, very hungry, having gotten up early for two long flights. After checking into our lovely room, to our delight, we discovered the restaurant and chef Enrique. The menu included a choice of tapas, and we enjoyed sharing five selections including lobster cakes, shrimp, and calamari. The waitress, the daughter of one of the owners, shared the history of the property with us when we expressed an interest. Our room was well lit, extremely clean, had lots of closet and storage space, and even included a frig. The parking behind the hotel was free, and we loved everyone we met. We ended our three night stay with Enrique's exquisite paellea featuring imported Italian chorizo (the best we've ever had) and lobster tail. Thanks for a fabulous time!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank pinkballet4me

Reviewed 13 April 2018

My ratings are always in the context of the hotel's price range.
The Redland is a couple blocks off US 1 in the "historic downtown" area of Homestead. It is in a 100-year old two-story building with little curb appeal but don't let this deter you. You'll find a completely renovated interior that plays to the history of the building. Certain things, like the bedspread and decor harken back to your grandmother's style. But things that need to be modern are modern - like-new and functional (bathroom fixtures, AC, Wi-Fi,TV, etc). I was alone and got a room with one double bed. The room was small but more than adequate for me and would have been for my wife and me. It was very clean and comfortable.
The young lady staffing the front desk was friendly and accommodating. They have a full service dining room/restaurant (white tablecloths no less), a full service bar (The Martini Bar). I got in late and left early so I did not eat or drink here but the menus for food and especially the bar looked very intriguing.
If I wanted to be really picky I could complain that the TV was in an armoire on a wall adjacent to rather than opposite the bed, there were two night stands but no lamps on them, breakfast did not start until 8am. But all the positives far outweighed the negatives.
The parking lot is behind the building (considering Flagler Ave as the front) - not well marked, so look for it.
Overall the Redland is quaint and charming, clean and comfortable, and at the price a very good value. I will definitely stay there again and will recommend it to my friends.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo