“Proper sized pints”

Price range: US$10 - US$30
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 1 March 2014

This is a very good restaurant, not only do they serve 24 oz pints, a proper mans size. But the food is excellent, they do a 21 oz smoked steak, never seen that before, my wife ate the lot, I usually do the work of the 'to-go box' but not on this occasion. She says she eats like a bird, must be a vulture! 1 starter, 2 mains, 2 pints beer $70

Reviewed 28 February 2014

This was the most promising looking eating place near the Travelodge we were staying in. Rather dark furnishings and gloomy lighting but food was a pleasant surprise - nicely cooked and good value

Reviewed 27 February 2014

We decided to eat here as it was close to where we were staying at the Ramada hotel. Being vegetarian I found it hard to find anything on the menu to eat but I've had that problem wherever I've been in the USA. The portions were small and we didn't feel we had value for money. Neither did we feel we were valued customers as our waitress rushed us for our orders and was pretty impatient. We stayed at the Ramada again but chose not to repeat the culinary experience.

Reviewed 23 February 2014

We thought the food was good. Different side orders from your usual seafood restaurant (like rice with cranberries and almonds), but not quite an upscale place. They have two areas, a restaurant side and a bar side. The bar side was extremely loud but we did not hear it on the restaurant side at all. The service started out pretty good, but after our food arrived, no drink refills and no one checked on us until it was time for the check.

Reviewed 23 February 2014

I ate here many times growing up and recommended it too my friends as we were trying to figure out where to eat. We found not 1 but 2 hairs in our food. Our waitress never apologized upon bringing it to her attention the first time. She actually took the dish and said that is disgusting as she was leaving with it. Then it took her a while to return to the table again. Our food plates were handed to us hot and passed over a child's head. The. When the second hair was found we asked for a manager. The server returned to the table after almost ten minutes with someone who looked like another server. Neither of them really apologized or seemed to care about the issue. I have. Never been so disgusted with service in my life! The food was over cooked, microwaved and definitely not fresh as advertised. I honestly would not recommend this place to anyone ever!