“Super average”

Ranked #7 of 52 Restaurants in Gunnison
Price range: US$8 - US$19
Cuisines: American, Southwestern
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Gunnisack Cowboy Bistro Restaurant and Bar features an original "from-scratch" approach including;Angus Beef Burgers ground fresh in-house and served on house-baked sesame buns, soups, sauces, chili's and dressings all made from scratch. The menu is changed twice yearly and features, Apppetizers, Pastas, Steaks (served sizzling) entree salads like our "Grilled Sockeye Salmon Salad", pot pie, fish & chips, grilled ahi tuna, a full "samich" section featuring our "Southwest Foccacia Club" ,tortilla wraps, vegetarian menu, kids menu, desserts highlighted by our "Gunnisack Cookie" and Bananas Foster en crute. Winner of numerous people's choice awards including "2009 Business of the Year". 2011 "best Restaurant" best chickebn fried steak" & "best place for wings" Serving lunch & dinner Monday through Saturday. Closed Sundays. mc/vis/dis/amex. Reservations accepted. Check us out on facebook!
Reviewed 3 April 2014

I live in gunnison and I find myself going back to the gunnisack over and over again, not because I love it but really there aren't too many other lunch options in town. It's not bad but for how mediocre it is, I would say it is slightly overpriced and generic. I've had good service some days and not so great service others, food consistently just alright.

1  Thank Alimanny

Reviewed 1 April 2014

Gunnisack offers a good variety of sandwiches, salads, soups, entrees and "comfort food". Their "bakes" and pot pie are fabulous! The service was outstanding-friendly and attentive. Some items were a bit high priced in my opinion. Oh! The fresh baked chocolate chip cookie topped with cinnamon ice cream and whipped cream was worth the wait!

Reviewed 13 March 2014 via mobile

I went in, waited ten minutes to get a beer while sitting at the bar. As I sat there I find out the owner is Bartending and she is buying the meal for 3 gentlemen next to me because she got their order wrong three times. She was super mean, and I had my beer and left. I ate elsewhere.

2  Thank Nic C
Reviewed 5 March 2014

The food here is pretty decent; I was generally pleased with my meal. However, I felt the service was poor and with one exception the staff was quite unattentive.
I don't believe this was an isolated incident, as I have been there before and had basically the same experience, as have some friends.

If you're downtown, it might be worth a try. Perhaps your experience will be better than mine.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

We absolutely love to go to Gunnisack. It is always very good food. They have nightly specials that are amazing!