“Went back for a second time in one week” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 50 Restaurants in Gunnison
Price range: US$8 - US$19
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Child-friendly, Cheap Eats
Description: The Gunnisack Cowboy Bistro Restaurant and Bar features an original "from-scratch" approach including;Angus Beef Burgers ground fresh in-house and served on house-baked sesame buns, soups, sauces, chili's and dressings all made from scratch. The menu is changed twice yearly and features, Apppetizers, Pastas, Steaks (served sizzling) entree salads like our "Grilled Sockeye Salmon Salad", pot pie, fish & chips, grilled ahi tuna, a full "samich" section featuring our "Southwest Foccacia Club" ,tortilla wraps, vegetarian menu, kids menu, desserts highlighted by our "Gunnisack Cookie" and Bananas Foster en crute. Winner of numerous people's choice awards including "2009 Business of the Year". 2011 "best Restaurant" best chickebn fried steak" & "best place for wings" Serving lunch & dinner Monday through Saturday. Closed Sundays. mc/vis/dis/amex. Reservations accepted. Check us out on facebook!
“Went back for a second time in one week”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

Good food! Kids eat free on Tuesday! Didn't know when we walked in the door but it was a nice treat. Chili is really good, if you don't like spicy I would not recommend it. Southwest sandwich is really yummy and big, kids liked both their meals with the warm apples. You have to try one of the 1/2 lbs. cookies with ice cream for desert. I think it speaks for its self.

Visited June 2014

Gunnison, Colorado
“Terrible”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

The service was slow and they messed up our entire order. The prices do not reflect the food quality. The owner/manager was yelling at employees. I ordered a burger and was not impressed in any way

Visited May 2014
Lafayette, Louisiana
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Trout and A la Cart menu”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

All the food was awesome and the service was really great. Their giant cookies are worth it! Get one with peanut butter cup ice cream! Their A La Cart menu came in handy as well since I just wanted a nice plain trout. Nice prices too!

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Pigeon Forge, Tennessee
“Chicken Fried Ribeye - that's all you need to know”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014

This is a good spot that was suggested to us by a Park Ranger at Blue Mesa Dam. Our group of 4 had dinner here and everyone loved it. Service was very good and the food was wonderful and reasonably priced. The CHICKEN FRIED RIBEYE was one of the best meals I had on our trip and I would almost go back to Gunnison just to get another. The beer selection is also good to wash the ribeye (which is huge) down with. The Gunnisack is well worth a try if you like good food, fairly cheap and lots of it.

Visited June 2014
Pueblo West, Colorado
“Chicken Fried Ribeye Steak”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

I do not remember the service, so this rating is entirely on the food.
There are probably 150 dishes that I would put ahead of chicken fried steak. I usually find it mediocre at best. But on that day last October, the angels must have been smiling down on me, because for some reason that I can't even recall, I decided to order something that I NEVER order - Gunnisack's chicken fried ribeye (ribeye is my favorite cut, and I find restaurant "grilled" steak highly disappointing, so I think I may have just tried to change it up a bit). Eight months later, I am still dreaming about it. It was definitely one of the top 5 most tasty dishes I have ever ever ever eaten. I keep trying to think up excuses to make the 3 hour trip back. Thank God I don't live there! I'd have gained 250 lbs by now...

• Visited October 2013