“TOPS FOR DECENT ROOMS AT BARGAIN PRICE”
Review of The Seasons Inn

The Seasons Inn
The Seasons Inn
Ranked #4 of 5 Gunnison B&B and Inns
Madisonville, Texas
“TOPS FOR DECENT ROOMS AT BARGAIN PRICE”
Reviewed 19 June 2014

nice, clean, good sized room
great location
helpful friendly staff
real bargain

This lovely town has several good places to stay. Prices vary a good bit. The Seasons Inn price is among the lowest in town and the rooms are really good size. Hard to beat this nice place for good safe clean room at very good price.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank cyberfinancial3

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 19 June 2014

The hotel is under new management and what the girl has dome with the place is great!!! We stayed last year and it was nothing spectacular, the rooms were ok and the management was horrendous and rude. This stay though we really enjoyed ourselves! Stormie (the new manager made us feel welcomed the minute we walked in the door. She gave us pick-up bags for our doggiels business and a treat. She brought us a coffee pot for our room when we asked for one and since she lives above the office we were able to get her help around midnight when we got back and realized we had looked our key in our room. Downtown is a quick walk away and there are some really great restuarants in that town. The rates were great!! If you are traveling through Gunnison and want a great place to stay with management who cares wether you enjoy your time or not then stay here!

Room Tip: The rooms facing the park is where we like to stay because we have a dog and can go right out the do...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank baehrmetal H
Torrey, Utah
Reviewed 7 February 2014

I had stayed here in the past but the current version of the hotel doesn't come up to those standards. My room was cold when I got there and only heated up very slowly. The room was basically clean but crowded, the fridge worked fine and there was a small microwave which I didn't use. Some of the trim was falling off the walls though that didn't really affect my stay, but I see it as an indication of the owner's interest in the hotel. Other reviewers mentioned breakfast, they didn't mention this to me at check in so I didn't get any. The lack of coffee makers in the rooms is a nuisance. The lighting was adequate and the internet connection OK, I was able to park right outside my room.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo

Travellers are raving about these Gunnison hotels

Beverly Hills, Michigan
Reviewed 14 July 2013

I was torn whether to give Seasons a 1 or a 2. Well, ok, it is clean-ish, and someone has bothered to replace bath tiles and carpet. There is a small fridge and microwave. They offer a simple breakfast... BUT... Any attempt to take a shower longer than a splash (which you need after running around outdoors) is rewarded by no hot water. The office is closed so you can't ask for help. This happened more than once. Breakfast isn't available til 8am, so if you're up and at em early, too bad. You can't make coffee because there's no in room pot. Agreeing with other reviewers, the bed/pillows are not the best. ...Oh... and today, Sunday, my room was not cleaned or made up in any way. ...So, it's an OK place to camp, and the rate is low, but be aware of what you are getting.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank batikmom
TABERNASH
Reviewed 4 July 2013 via mobile

We have been staying here for yrs, even when it was the Gunnison Inn ( diff owners). Once Laveta took over as the Seasons Inn it was a nice quiet mom and pop kind of hotel. From several years our family has stayed here on many occasions. Always enjoyed our stay, until this trip!
We arrived last night, paid for two nights. Left our room this am to do some sight seeing. Came back at 3:30 and our room was filled with someone else's things! We still had the key to our room. Luckily I am not one to trust hotel staff so we had all of our belongings and valuables with us. We had left behind a few magazines and a couple things in the fridge.
Wen I went to the front desk to speak to Brian, the asst mgr. he blamed the situation on the 80 yr owner for checking us out. Mind yiu we had ALREADY PAID for two nights. Which we called to confirm our reservations 2 wks ago after making the, in May. Which when I called to confirm our 2 night stay 2 wks ago I was told we had only been written down for 1 night. Tank goodness I called!
So Brian, after complaining about who was to blame for 10 min, instead of trying to rectify the problem gave us another room.imagine my surprise when , lo and behold that room was taken! It was filled with clothes, food and etc. glad it wasn't my stuff in that room that a complete stranger had access too?! Come on! WTH? So I went back to the front office AGAIN (third trip, mind you). At which point Brian was even more confused and full of excuses than before. So as we did a process of elimination by what keys were still available on the side we wished to stay on, which had been booked nearly 2 months prior we found a 3rd possiblility.
Our room smelled of smoke even though all rooms r smoke free and or pet odor? We used to stay here with our Golden years prior that's how we initially found this hotel. Even after his passing we decided to continue to stay here. Not anymore. This will be our final stay.
It's been great while it lasted. But we will never feel safe staying here again. Knowing that I accidentally walked into 2 rooms that were actually occupied. Heaven forbid had we left any of our processions behind when we left this am??? Thank goodness we picked up our 5 yo daughters toys! She would have been heartbroken.
My aid space is to go to the Super 8 across the street or the LaQuinta. We have stayed there b4 and will be going back. Both places offer a nice breakfast than the seasons. Cereal, milk, white bread for toast and reg coffee.
Someone once told me "he who makes excuses is good for little else". Oh how true! As I heard one excuse after another trying to find another room today. ,exhausting to say the least! Good bye The Seasons. I wish Laveta the best.

Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Mtntopmama
Grand Junction, Colorado
Reviewed 23 December 2012

This was our second stay. We went back because they accept pets. The place is a lot like a Motel 6. The rooms are clean but they only provide the very basics. As the previous reviewer stated, no coffee pot and they didn't offer any in the office. The park across the street was convenient for our dog and we love the wood sculptures.
It's great if you just need a place to rest you head but don't expect the comforts of home. Also, the price was right.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
Albuquerque
Reviewed 29 August 2012

Everything here is old and tired and should be put out it's misery. Tired, old furnishings. Lumpy pillows. Toilet ran constantly so we turned the water off at the wall to get some peace and quiet. No coffee maker in the room. The door bolt did not work as the whole door jam was out of whack.

We had a government rate quoted over the phone, but at check-in there was no record. Paid a higher rate after some negotiation. They have no capability to email a confirmation.........

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends