“Enjoyed Dinner”

Ol Miner Steakhouse
Ranked #3 of 52 Restaurants in Gunnison
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: We are a family owned and operated, in business since 2005. We feature a casual, family dining experience, serving breakfast, lunch and dinner with an upbeat, western atmosphere, steaks, seafood, sandwiches, burgers and more. We also have a full bar menu and the bar area features several tv's showing most sports events!
Reviewed 30 September 2013

Nothing fancy, just a big saloon-type atmosphere. My husband ordered trout and said it was delicious and he is a picky fish eater; most places overcook their fish. I had shrimp. Yes, we were in a steakhouse and didn't have steak, but did enjoy our meal. The waitress was a student at the local college and was friendly and courteous. This appeared to be a place the locals enjoy as many people knew each other.

Reviewed 30 September 2013

And we were glad to have followed their advice! Located in the heart of the business district, it was obvious that this restaurant is heavily supported by the "locals". Our steaks were seasoned just right and cooked exactly the way we had ordered them.

Reviewed 27 September 2013

We ate two meals here while in Gunnison. The first was a Sunday breakfast and the second was an evening meal. They were extremely busy on Sunday morning and we had to wait awhile for our food, but it was very good when it arrived. We tried a hamburger and onion rings one evening later in the week. Both the hamburgers and onion rings were excellent and we would definitely order them again. I rate this as one of the best eating places in Gunnison.

Reviewed 18 September 2013

I am writing this a month after visiting, but as I recall, this place was the place I wish I had as my hometown restaurant and bar. The pub is located on a very wide street that you can image horses pulling wagons on. When you enter, it is like stepping back in time with lots of mounted trophies and photographs on the wall. The staff appears to be a family and the operation run like a family restaurant. The food and drink was good and the prices were normal, not great, but not ridiculous. I will stop there again next time I am in town.

Reviewed 16 September 2013

Ordered burger with mushroom and cheese. Came out overcooked and tasteless. Wait staff was young and inexperienced, certainly not helpful in beer selection. Salmon chowder was better than average. I'm beginning to think there's no good dining in Gunnison.

1  Thank Riodulce5