“Filthy”
Review of Almont Resort

Almont Resort
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Gunnison
Almont Resort
Reviewed 18 July 2012

Filthy!

This place was horrendous. We should have known when we walked in and found a pile of dirty rags on the sofa to turn around out the door! The room was filthy. The 90s style furniture was covered with dust and the carpet filled with stains. The TV was so old it had a digital converter on it...but the TV and DVD player was broken. I asked 3 times for a working TV to be brought to the room, only to be ignored. We woke up to a dead mouse in our dogs water dish. The microwave was broken as well as the living room blinds. It is quite apparent they just don't care. For $100 a night it was a complete ripoff, they can afford to update their amenities and get rid of the garage sale furniture that doesnt match.

During the day while my boyfriend hiked a 14er I was greeted by at least half a dozen mice that ran in and out of the fireplace vents. I couldn't enjoy a quiet afternoon as they decided to use the weed eater for an hour around my cabin.

I was shocked when housekeeping just unlocked my door without knocking. Thankfully my dog went crazy and they shut the door really fast.

The bathroom walls and ceiling were filled with smashed bugs...very nice touch!
I couldn't even enjoy a nice cup of coffee as the sugar packets and cream were so old they were hard and crumbled up.

Don't expect to get any help from the office, the 3 times I went it took 15-20 minutes for someone to come to the desk.

My advice, don't waste your money...unless you enjoy mice and 90s style furniture, then you will love it!

Room Tip: Gross...don't go!
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank DARCI A

Reviewed 6 July 2012

After a long day bumping over the Tincup Pass, we were hungry and needed a place to stay. Then we saw the Almost Resort sign with cabins and a dining room...and it was perfect. Our cabin was comfortable, reasonably priced, and dinner was delicious and served by cordial young people while we watched the hummingbirds. The next morning we enjoyed our leftovers for breakfast while sitting beside the river. We felt very fortunate to find this lovely spot!

Room Tip: If you want to save a little $, there are rooms that aren't right on the river....but it's o...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Iowa_is_my_home
Reviewed 29 June 2012

If you're looking for a place that will get you close to nature, this place fits the bill. It's quiet and the scenery is gorgeous. However, if you're looking for rooms that are in good repair and free of bugs, you may want to look elsewhere. The bedspreads were old and desperately needed replacing. I can't say that I would choose to stay there again, but I can see how it might be a great place for a family gathering.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Pawlean
Reviewed 24 September 2011

Arrived with a club group for an over night trip to this lodge. At 5 pm when we arrived our cabin for 8 people was not cleaned and was a mess. We went to dinner and when we came back 2 maids were still cleaning up the cabin. We were tired from a long day. When they left we went to our rooms. The bedspread was so dirty I put it in a corner. Extra blanket had brown stains all over it. One small bar of soap for 4 people downstairs. Dinner at the dining room gave 6 people in our group intestinal problems. Last trip for all there.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 July 2011

My husband and I planned this trip with both sets of parents...3 couples. We booked our trip over 6 months in advance and less than a month before arriving, the resort called & said they double booked us for the first night and we were the lucky ones to be booted. We had reserved unit #22 but for the first night we'd be in #15 & 16. They offered to give us half off that rate and a discount of our rate the remainder of our stay for the inconvenience, even though we could be in the cabin we reserved the rest of the time. Of course we weren't pleased, and so late in the game, had no luck reserving elsewhere. Our first night was really rough. This unit is right by the hotel, the dumpsters, the bar, and the road and has no A/C. Sleeping with the windows open for air, we woke every half hour to road traffic or people partying at the bar next door. The cabin was really run down & the beds & linens were horrible, too. We would have been quite unhappy if we were staying here the entire time. However once we moved to #22, where we were supposed to be, we were elated. A few steps out the door and you're at the river. Ideal for fly fishers! (no spin casting allowed there). This cabin is much newer & nicer & the beds were just fine. It had a huge kitchen & living area - we thoroughly enjoyed our time here! It's centrally located to Gunnison & Crested Butte & it's situated right where 3 rivers join together. Aside from the scheduling faux pas, the only complaint we had were the towels & wash clothes - they need to replace the tired towels with some less threadbare ones! They could also begin giving hand towels for their guests.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Sheripie
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gunnison
Three Rivers Resort
#8 of 12 in Gunnison
Quality Inn Gunnison
Quality Inn Gunnison
#9 of 12 in Gunnison

Been to Almont Resort? Share your experiences!