“Wonderful”
Review of Almont Resort

Almont Resort
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Gunnison
Almont Resort
Georgetown, Texas
“Wonderful”
Reviewed 29 April 2014 via mobile

I rented one of the large homes for a reunion. The cook out equipment could have been better . Some of the kitchen dishes and cooking equipment was lacking but over all everthing was great. Nice and clean and good beds. Food in beautiful restaurant was great. It is a beautiful spot on the river.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Nell S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Gwynn, Virginia
Reviewed 7 November 2013

While the cabins themselves weren't the fanciest, the location couldn't be beat. A two night stay right on the river was relaxing and a great location from which to hike and explore the Gunnison/Crested Butte area. We loved Crested Butte and enjoyed hiking the area. We didn't fly fish, but I can imagine this would be a fantastic location. The restaurant was convenient, the food a good quality (we ate two breakfasts and one dinner there). Almont offers a nice alternative to a chain hotel experience.

Room Tip: Try for a room right on the river for a pretty view and quiet evening.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank glynispm2
Boulder
Reviewed 12 May 2013

The hot water heater, unenclosed in the corner of the bedroom, noisily cycled on and off all night keeping us awake. The bed frame, missing it's castors, is propped up on 1 x 6's. No heat in the bathroom, loud overbearing heat in the front room that does not reach the bathroom. No lamps in the front room and no place to sit and read. One small measly bar of soap to carry back and forth from shower to sink to kitchen. When we questioned the quality of the room, we were told it was early in the season and they would not really be ready for guests for about three more weeks, but they saw no problem with the high season $150/night price. Very disappointing.

Room Tip: Look for another resort.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank Judy F

Travellers are raving about these Gunnison hotels

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed 7 May 2013

We loved the cabin we stayed at. We were right up against the river and the view was spectacular. The cabin itself was comfortable and well appointed but I must speak of the bed. It was excellent. I've found, for some odd reason, that the more I spend on the hotel room the higher the chances are that the bed is going to be uncomfortable. It's almost a rule of thumb. This is my one exception. The bed was very comfortable and since that's one of the main things you generally use a cabin or hotel away from home for, it was important. The only downside was the lack of a desk in the cabin since I had to do a bit of work while I was there but that isn't something that was really a big deal. I made do with the nice picnic table outside.

When I did deal with the staff I have no complaint. When I first arrived it did take them a few minutes to get to the desk to help me but that's fine. I understand being busy and besides, it gave me a chance to catch my breath from having to walk up a flight of stairs. Being a flatlander at altitude can be an issue.

So overall, I would not hesitate to recommend this location to anyone. I look forward to going back myself just as soon as I possibly can.

Room Tip: Try and get one of the cabins that are on the river. And open the window at night if you can so you...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank BrianW604
Shermans Dale, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 6 September 2012

After spending over a week on the mountain passes and staying in motels it was nice to rent a lodge style cabin on the river. This made the temp nice and cool in the evening. The sound of rushing water was pleasant to fall asleep to. The meals at the lodge were fantastic.Nothing like setting on the river bank with a nice fire burning and just a few steps to your bed.

Room Tip: The large cabin on the river is great.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank bergyman
DENVER
Reviewed 18 July 2012

Filthy!

This place was horrendous. We should have known when we walked in and found a pile of dirty rags on the sofa to turn around out the door! The room was filthy. The 90s style furniture was covered with dust and the carpet filled with stains. The TV was so old it had a digital converter on it...but the TV and DVD player was broken. I asked 3 times for a working TV to be brought to the room, only to be ignored. We woke up to a dead mouse in our dogs water dish. The microwave was broken as well as the living room blinds. It is quite apparent they just don't care. For $100 a night it was a complete ripoff, they can afford to update their amenities and get rid of the garage sale furniture that doesnt match.

During the day while my boyfriend hiked a 14er I was greeted by at least half a dozen mice that ran in and out of the fireplace vents. I couldn't enjoy a quiet afternoon as they decided to use the weed eater for an hour around my cabin.

I was shocked when housekeeping just unlocked my door without knocking. Thankfully my dog went crazy and they shut the door really fast.

The bathroom walls and ceiling were filled with smashed bugs...very nice touch!
I couldn't even enjoy a nice cup of coffee as the sugar packets and cream were so old they were hard and crumbled up.

Don't expect to get any help from the office, the 3 times I went it took 15-20 minutes for someone to come to the desk.

My advice, don't waste your money...unless you enjoy mice and 90s style furniture, then you will love it!

Room Tip: Gross...don't go!
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank DARCI A
Des Moines, IA
Reviewed 6 July 2012

After a long day bumping over the Tincup Pass, we were hungry and needed a place to stay. Then we saw the Almost Resort sign with cabins and a dining room...and it was perfect. Our cabin was comfortable, reasonably priced, and dinner was delicious and served by cordial young people while we watched the hummingbirds. The next morning we enjoyed our leftovers for breakfast while sitting beside the river. We felt very fortunate to find this lovely spot!

Room Tip: If you want to save a little $, there are rooms that aren't right on the river....but it's o...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Iowa_is_my_home
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gunnison
The Inn at Tomichi Village
#1 of 1 in Almont
Harmel's Ranch Resort
Harmel's Ranch Resort
#2 of 3 in Almont

Been to Almont Resort? Share your experiences!