“BEST WEEK OF THE YEAR AGAIN!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Gunnison
Waunita Hot Springs Ranch
Reviewed 11 June 2013

MY WIFE AND I AND OUR OLDEST SON AND TWO GRANDSONS JUST SPENT A WONDERFUL WEEK AT WAUNITA. Once again the food was excellent, the scenery superb and the people wonderful! I can't recommend this place strongly enough. Reserved our next year's trip before we left; already looking forward..

Room Tip: Best vacation value ever. Activities as much or little as you want.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank EdWHuntsville_Al

Reviewed 24 February 2013

I have now been to the ranch twice and I'm already trying to plan my third trip! Everything from start to finish was wonderful. You can do as little or as much as you want and there are plenty of activities each day so if you want to take a break from riding you can and still have a blast. We did the whitewater rafting which we really enjoyed. My mom took a shopping trip one day and came back with all sorts of goodies. I can't say enough good things about the food (and I'm a picky eater too)....I even bought their cookbook on the last day. I have gone both as a kid and as an adult and loved the ranch both times and hope to be back soon!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 November 2012

Each year a group of 30-40 people from my church go to Monarch Mountain for a few days of skiing and snowboarding. We love staying at Waunita Hot Springs Ranch while we're in the area. It's about 45 minutes from the mountain pass, but well worth the peaceful drive. Great family owned ranch, wonderful food and the best outdoors hot springs pool around. The food is all homemade, breakfast is made to order and dinner is generally served buffet style. We always look forward to visiting with these folks, they're hospitality is the best.

Room Tip: In the winter, stay in the main lodge if possible so you don't have to trek through the snow to...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 October 2012

My husband took me to the ranch for a special birthday dinner and retirement celebration. The Pringle family is so friendly! Our food was cooked to perfection and the music after dinner was so much fun. I can't wait to go back and take our friends/family next time. (One of the family members even said a prayer before the dinner...you don't have that out in public very often...again, what a great family and great environment!)

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Kandy N
Reviewed 31 August 2012

My aunt and uncle have been coming here for years and this was my second visit. You get your own horse for the week and most days you can do 2 rides if you wish. The food is all homemade, even the hard shell taco shells! Breakfast is made to order with different specials each day. Every other meal has specific times and is buffet. Steak on Friday night was superb! Staff treats you like family. Prayers are said at meals. You can white water raft, fish or shoot skeet! So much to choose and different family members could pick different activities with no worries. We had six family members and 12 other relatives and all had a fantastic time. Oh, and the pool is hot springs fed and like the biggest hot tub you've ever seen. So relaxing!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Chez_Rubenstein
Reviewed 7 August 2012

We had chosen Waunita Hot Springs Ranch just based on the reviews and because my family loves to ride horses and wanted to see the mountains for a change of scenery. All the positive praise is warranted. From the moment you arrive, you are made to feel like family - by the Pringles, the lodge hosts, and the multi-talented staff. They take care of everyone in your group and accommodate every request you make. For children and adults who do not want to ride, there are many other activities from which to choose. In addition to the riding, we enjoyed the pool, the rafting trip, overnight camping, square dancing, and arena games. The kids asked if we could live there (if only we could!), and we've already started planning when we can return.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 August 2012

My 7 year old daughter ranked this vacation barely a second place to Disney World!! I can not think of a higher praise. From the moment we arrived we felt at home. The Pringles family and all the staff were wonderful. My husband's, my daughter's and my own experience with horses was nose-to-tail trails only, but we were quickly made to feel comfortable with our skill level. We were matched to appropriate horses for our skill level and trail difficulty was slowly increased throughout the week. The overnight camping was a highlight for my daughter and I did not need to pack a thing - all is provided. Rachel, the children wrangler, was wonderful at keeping the kids engaged and active. I never worried while she was in her care. While we were there, the Pringles had an artist-in residence. She gave instructions on painting and even made an artist out of me. I hope the Pringles continue this as well.

The food was plentiful and tasty. If you are looking for gourmet 5 course meals - this is not it. But this is well prepared family comfort food. I had no problem with there being something for my picky 7 year old as well as something for the adults as well.

Rooms were bigger than I anticipated looking at pictures on line. Clean and comfortable. The Pringles even accommodated my daughter's request for a bunk bed room.

This was the perfect family vacation - relaxing, rejuvenating, with the right amount of adventure.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family