“Great Place for Families”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Gunnison
Waunita Hot Springs Ranch
Soddy Daisy, United States
“Great Place for Families”
Reviewed 4 July 2013

We went with our large family (19 of us) and it was the best vacation we've taken. So much for everyone. Just for the kids to be outside the whole time was amazing. There is so much to do and once you get there, you don't have to worry about ANYTHING. They cater to every need. They even had gluten free foods for those with a gluten allergy/intolerance. The rooms were great. All the kids had their own rooms, but were close enough to our rooms that we didn't have to worry. The activities were endless. The kids just planned their days as they wanted and the parents did the same. The staff is unbelievable. They work so hard but were so accommodating. This summer there is an artist in residence...for someone who has zero artistic talent, Mary Ann helped me paint. A terrific perk!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Alcoa, Tennessee
Reviewed 3 July 2013

Awesome . Best vacation with our family . There were 19 of us and there was something for all of us . Beautiful scenery , hot springs swimming pool [ felt good after getting off your horse ], an artist [who guided us in painting our 1 st picture , even the kids ], cookouts , campouts, fishing , kid counselers ,and of course horses [ we had our own horse for the whole week. We had kids who didn't want to leave . this was our 3 rd time going to the ranch . it had been 17 years since we had been there. It had only gotten better. The Pringle family is wonderful. hope to go back sooner--- in the fall sometime.

Brandon MS
Reviewed 26 June 2013

I thoroughly enjoyed my week at Waunita. The setting is beautiful, the hosts are warm and friendly, the activities are varied and fun, and the food is great! I enjoyed horseback riding, white water rafting, shopping in nearby Crested Butte, and relaxing with friends, both old and new. The evening activities, including square dancing and "music night," were fabulous! What a great way to get away from it all! Can't say enough nice things about the staff, from the wranglers to the kitchen girls to the house girls. Everyone made me feel welcome. Thanks, Waunita!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
Avon, OH
Reviewed 23 June 2013

19 of us from aged 3 - 65. We celebrated 4 birthdays and an anniversary while there. 2 of my kids 12 and 7 cried for 2 days for leaving, because they had so much fun. It was wonderful to connect with family and spend all tme out doors. The hot springs really do a have a healing effect and take a way all soreness from horseback riding. They offer activities for all ages and types or just rest. The food is good home cooked meals and they were very kind in accomodating my son's nut allergy. There is NOTHING negative to say about this family and how well they run their ranch.

1 Thank all5ofusAvon_OH
Huntsville, Al
Reviewed 11 June 2013

MY WIFE AND I AND OUR OLDEST SON AND TWO GRANDSONS JUST SPENT A WONDERFUL WEEK AT WAUNITA. Once again the food was excellent, the scenery superb and the people wonderful! I can't recommend this place strongly enough. Reserved our next year's trip before we left; already looking forward..

Room Tip: Best vacation value ever. Activities as much or little as you want.
1 Thank EdWHuntsville_Al
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
Reviewed 24 February 2013

I have now been to the ranch twice and I'm already trying to plan my third trip! Everything from start to finish was wonderful. You can do as little or as much as you want and there are plenty of activities each day so if you want to take a break from riding you can and still have a blast. We did the whitewater rafting which we really enjoyed. My mom took a shopping trip one day and came back with all sorts of goodies. I can't say enough good things about the food (and I'm a picky eater too)....I even bought their cookbook on the last day. I have gone both as a kid and as an adult and loved the ranch both times and hope to be back soon!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Wichita, Kansas, United States
Reviewed 16 November 2012

Each year a group of 30-40 people from my church go to Monarch Mountain for a few days of skiing and snowboarding. We love staying at Waunita Hot Springs Ranch while we're in the area. It's about 45 minutes from the mountain pass, but well worth the peaceful drive. Great family owned ranch, wonderful food and the best outdoors hot springs pool around. The food is all homemade, breakfast is made to order and dinner is generally served buffet style. We always look forward to visiting with these folks, they're hospitality is the best.

Room Tip: In the winter, stay in the main lodge if possible so you don't have to trek through the snow to...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gunnison
The Inn at Tomichi Village
Mount Princeton Hot Springs Resort
Three Rivers Resort
Three Rivers Resort
#1 of 1 in Almont

Been to Waunita Hot Springs Ranch? Share your experiences!