“Best Mexican in gunnison”

Anejo's Bistro and Bar
Ranked #21 of 51 Restaurants in Gunnison
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Small place off the main street. Fresh tasty salsa, good steak tacos and quesadillas. Service was quick.

Reviewed 21 June 2014

I have been here twice with friends in the past year. Last year, I had Mole Chicken and last week I had fish tacos with spicy avocado and green salsa. Each plate comes with fluffy rice and black beans. The tacos and rice filled me up. I would have had the beans except I am doing Paleo and already indulged in the rice and tortillas. Fish was grilled and cooked to perfection. My friends had plenty of chips and enjoyed a selection of Mexican beer (not Corona). I believe they had Modelos. Good relaxed place and you can actually hear each other speak at the table. I recommend this place, after enjoying Mexican in Tahoe, Santa Barbara, Reno, and Santa Monica. They have a bar you can sit at too. We sat by the window.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

We dropped in to this tiny,brightly painted Mexican restaurant for lunch. What joy to find lovely ,friendly, knowledgable staff and great food! The Chili Relleno was recommended and was hands down the best ever! Roasted poblano peppers,cooked perfectly. It's easy to have mediocre Mexican...this was special...

Reviewed 11 June 2014

I look forward to eating there when I am in Gunnison! I plan my day around it! The food is fresh and delicious. Service is outstanding... they remember you when you come back.
Huge selection of tequilas as well.

Reviewed 22 May 2014

Great happy hour, with an excellent house margarita. Tacos, enchiladas, refried beans and chips/salsa were all excellent, as was the service. Highly recommended.

Been to Anejo's Bistro and Bar? Share your experiences!