“Fun locale, great martinis.”
Review of Brick Cellar - CLOSED

Brick Cellar
Price range: US$5 - US$20
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner
Description: VOTED PEOPLE'S CHOICE BEST DRINKING ESTABLISHMENT! Gunnison's premiere Wine & Martini Bar & Bistro, emphasizing quality local and regionally grown products, top shelf and premium spirits and high end brews. OPEN Monday thru Saturday from 5pm to Midnight. Serving Gourmet Bar Food Nightly from 5-10pm. Happy Hours 5p-7p and 10p-11p $6 Martinis + $6 Wines by the Glass $3 Beers + $4 Well Cocktails
Reviewed 12 November 2013

I enjoy going to the Brick Cellar for their martinis. I think they have some creative options, that are unique and delicious! I have never been disappointed when trying a new one and they are generous with the alcohol content. On past visits they had a large menu of 50 martinis where most of them were crossed off or told that they were unavailable. On this visit they had a much more compact martini menu where they were all available. I think it is a big improvement to offer options that are sustainable. On the other hand the dinner menu was also fairly limited and, still, a number of items were crossed off. This, I really don't understand. It is great to have changing menu options, but those should be listed on a chalk board and/or verbally by the server. It makes the business seem overwhelmed or unprofessional when so many things are crossed off. I tried the Pad-Thai, which was pretty good, but priced a bit high. In general, I think their food menu is not yet priced right or a good representation of what they are able to handle offering. The location offers a fun place to hang out with friends and meet quite a few locals. The live music is also nice and not so loud that you can't carry on a conversation at the same time.

Reviewed 8 November 2013

The Brick Cellar is close to perfect! Combine spectacular mixology with creative, (I mean way creative) cuisine, expertly prepared and presented in a classic modern/western/collegiate atmosphere. Wow. You can't miss here!

Reviewed 31 December 2012

This restaurant spouts about using locally grown produce and every time I have eaten there, it is obvious that most of what is on my plate originated from the City Market up the street. So maybe that's what "local" means, from the nearest supermarket. Last time I was there the owner was taking my tables order without making any eye contact and playing on her phone the whole time she was there, hello customer service? Between consistently being out of either dinner items, or almost their whole drink menu, I don't think I'll be back again.

Reviewed 30 July 2012

Every time I go to Gunnison I find myself at "The Brick" more than once. Amazing wine selection, great food (the loaded mac and cheese is a must!), sushi on Tuesday (get the delectable Captain Crunch) and they have the best booze selection in town. Triple that up with an amazing martini menu and best bartender awards year after year and The Brick can do no wrong.

1  Thank Tiffany N
Reviewed 24 May 2012

The "wine bar" as it is known in town is truly a bar, but the food will surprise you. The single malt selection is impressive and the atmosphere is more adult than the other bars in this college town. Go for dinner some night, you'll be pleased.