“Wonderful!”

Ranked #4 of 52 Restaurants in Gunnison
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 22 May 2014

My husband and I went through Gunnison yesterday (05.21.14) and stopped at the W Cafe for lunch. What an incredible find. Friendly staff, cute place, reasonable prices, and best of all, great food. My husband had the BLT and I had the Reuben. Both were huge and very good. After I ordered I looked around and another table was having breakfast (served all day) and everything looked wonderful, made me wish I'd ordered a waffle. However, my sandwich was so good, I soon forgot the breakfast offerings. If you find yourself in the very cute town of Gunnison, CO, and you're hungry, visit the W Cafe. Only open for breakfast and lunch. Nice, clean bathroom too. :D

Reviewed 13 May 2014

This place is awesome! Reasonable prices, good food and friendly staff. We went there for breakfast on Mother's Day and it was pretty crowded but Gunnison is limited in it's breakfast places and this one is really good so we waited. The estimate of time was right on and they got us seated within 15 minutes even though we had asked for a table for 7 people. They have the most awesome biscuits and gravy! If you don't have a huge appetite I suggest just ordering one biscuit because the order with 2 fills the whole plate! Their French Toast is to die for, the skillets are huge and filled to the top and their breakfast burritos are enormous! The service was spot on even though they were extremely busy and we didn't have to wait long for our food. Awesome, awesome breakfast and a great way to start off Mother's Day!

1  Thank Wyldecamp
Reviewed 17 April 2014

I have to say I'm very partial to the small diner but this one has great food fast. I Love the eggs benedict and they serve the best huevos rancheros are the best I have ever had. This is a terrific small town restaurant serving great food fast.

Reviewed 9 April 2014

Anyone can slap some sauce on a couple of egg-topped tortillas and call them "huevos rancheros". Many try, few succeed. The W Cafe if one of the few that succeed. I'll be going back the next time I'm passing through Gunni. Service was quick and friendly and the price seemed right.

Reviewed 3 April 2014

I've never had a bad meal at the W, neve had a great one either but maybe i have high expectations for diners. It is the only diner in town and that's why the locals eat there, including myself sometimes, because it's the only option! Portions do not even compare to the Denver diner or other diners I've been to! For the quality and size of the meals I would say if prices were a dollar or two less it would be a better place/deal.