“Excessive salt warning for sure.”
Review of Cafe Silvestre

Cafe Silvestre
Ranked #32 of 51 Restaurants in Gunnison
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 8 August 2014

First the hot sauce, whoever made it must have forgot to measure cause there were whispers at several tables about the salty hot sauce, I only dipped 2 chips in it. Husband even thought so too. Our order, had they taken some of the salt out, would have been good, except my husband thought he had way too much cheese on his enchilades. The tamale in my order was good except the salt content. I have never tasted Mexican food this salty ever. Had cold beer but what a waste of good money. This is not a large restaurant so if you have a group of 8-10 may want to go somewhere else anyway

Reviewed 16 July 2014

I grew up eating authentic Mexican food, and this restaurant's food was far from authentic. Before getting our not so tasty food, my husband and I ordered a couple of beverages. The margarita was awful. I took on sip and left the rest. Will never go back to this restaurant. If I want good Mexican food in Gunnison I will drive a few blocks down the street and eat at the other Mexican restaurant.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Great Mexican food. Home made Green chile, and tortillas. The service was fast and nice. Ask for a Jeremy special, he will make something off menu if they are not too busy.

Reviewed 19 March 2014 via mobile

I love their Margaritas, I love their food! Best chile rellenos on earth!
Definitely give this place a try when passing through Gunnison!

Reviewed 21 October 2012

I am Hispanic and grew up on home made Mexican food. No better place in Gunnison for Mexican food.

Can't get any more authentic than this considering the background of the owners.

Been to Cafe Silvestre? Share your experiences!