“Great Chinese food and a great value”
Review of House of China

House of China
Ranked #23 of 52 Restaurants in Gunnison
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 17 July 2013

This was our third choice for a meal our first evening in Gunnison, having found a highly recommended restaurant (the Gunnisack) closed, then having waited for seating at an understaffed steak house across the street from the Gunnisack so long that we gave up and left. After the excellent meal we received at the House of China, my wife and I agree that it should have been our first choice all along. The food was excellent, the value great, the service fast and cheerful, and the serving sizes quite generous. (My wife got a big second meal from the two takeout boxes we filled with our leftovers.) We look forward to returning.

3  Thank AnnArborMiBob

Reviewed 22 June 2013

The owner does the cooking. I look forward to stopping there each time I am in Gunnison. The hot and sour soup is great. The food is good and plentiful. Lunchtime prices are low. Its hard to beat this combination of good food and good price.

4  Thank Jim H
Reviewed 6 May 2013

I've eaten numerous times at this family run Chinese restaurant and especially like the portion size and value for above average oriental food during lunch service. I usually order "triple delight" (sauteed chicken, beef, and shrimp w/vegetables) which is also served with egg drop
or hot/sour soup, a small egg roll (OK to skip), a cream cheese fried wonton, and steamed or
fried rice. Hot tea is complimentary . Service is attentive and usually quite prompt. This is my favorite lunch spot in Gunnison.

4  Thank TheGav
Reviewed 18 April 2013

This is the go-to chinese place in Gunnison. I have tried Double Dragon (you can check out my review there) and always had experiences. I think the House of China owners told me that they've had this place since 1990 I believe? That shows that this place is great, how else could a restaurant stay in this small little mountain town for this long!? Their appetizers are amazing, especially the chicken wings and crab rangoons. Only dish that I have not always been satisfied with is the lo mein, which I still like to order occasionally, but it's not my favorite. The staff is friendly, good lunch deals/prices, and it's filled with locals whenever I go there (which is about once a week.) Definitely recommend this place!

3  Thank GunnisonLocal
Reviewed 27 September 2012

A bit on the bland side. If you you like spicy / hot this may not be your best choice, athough the hot & sour soup was really good.