“A surprise awaits inside the roadhouse look outside.”

Garlic Mike's Italian Cuisine
Ranked #4 of 53 Restaurants in Gunnison
Price range: US$4 - US$31
Cuisines: American, Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Located just 3 miles morth of town on the Gunnison River. East coast Italian Cuisine featuring pasta, seafood, chicken and veal and traditional Italian fare and non traditional daily specials. Creative cocktails and wine list. Dine al fresco style on our covered, heated patio in summer, or a fireside table in winter. Featured on the Travel Channels "Food Paradise"-"Garlic Paradise. A tourists and locals favorite for over 20 years.
Reviewed 5 October 2013

Garlic Mike's was recommended by the Tall Texan Campground owner nearby. The local roadhouse look outside belies the smart, warm, well done interior. The hard working hostess and the wait staff obviously are well trained by Mike and enjoy working in his restaurant. The service was excellent from the bartender to the busser. Everyone was attentive and the pace of the meal was just right. We had very tender and yummy Fried Green Tomatoes appetizer. A mushroom soup came next. It was thick and hot. Janny had Chicken Cacciatore and I had Chicken Parmesan. Both dishes were excellent. We will recommend Garlic Mike's to anyone interested in excellent food with an excellent atmosphere.

1  Thank GRJanny

Reviewed 4 October 2013

We ate here after a full day's worth of activities and we were super hungry. The food was very good (especially the garlic fries!) and we left full and happy. Service was a little slow the night we were there, but there were a lot of big parties seated near us so that may be why. Overall we liked it a lot and would come back.

Reviewed 20 September 2013

I arrived later in the day and was greeted promptly. Great atmosphere. Had the Calamari appetizer which is huge and cooked just right. I hate poorly cooked Calamari and this is the best I've had in a long time. The Eggplant Parmesan was huge and my friend couldn't finish it all. I had the Shrimp Scampi, shrimp were cooked perfect and the sauce was great but the bed of pasta it is served on was quite small for what I expected. The meal was served with wonderful homemade bread that comes with butter and a diced tomato spread which was yummy! I would like to come back in the summer so I can sit outside along the river that runs behind the patio. I will be back.

1  Thank snowcop
Reviewed 17 September 2013

I've been by this restaurant many times without ever batting an eye. It wasn't until the last day of my most recent trip to Colorado that a friend's parents recommendation changed my mind. Again, it's not much to look at outside but if you look past that you'll discover a gem of an Italian restaurant in of all places, the outskirts of Gunnison! The service is fastidious and thorough with specialties explained in detail. I ordered the fettuccini alfredo which was done to perfection. My friends had similar responses to their meals. Afterwards we walked down to the river and enjoyed the sounds as the sun was retiring. A great unexpected spot is Garlic Mike's, well worth the visit!

2  Thank fldave
Reviewed 15 September 2013

Great atmosphere. Food was good but a little pricy for what you get. Waitress was ok but the young man taking care of water etc. was very friendly and on the ball. Eggplant parmesan was good and large quantity but husband's lasagna was a smaller portion. Bread was good also. Found out later that we could have sat at bar and had spaghetti and wine for $11 - wish we had known that!!