“Great food”

Sherpa Cafe
Ranked #19 of 52 Restaurants in Gunnison
Cuisines: Indian, Tibetan, Nepalese
Reviewed 4 January 2014

Served cup of soup as soon as you sit down to get you started. Lots of vegetarian dishes and can add tofu although many meat dishes too or can have meat added. Large sized portions. Excellent, quick service. Seasoning very mild but can get it seasoned hotter if you want. Excellent food--loved it!

Reviewed 10 December 2013 via mobile

If you're much of a connoisseur of Indian food you will not find this very exciting. Rather bland and unflavorful. They just opened and the owner stood around me like hawks, with all the good intentions of wanting me to like it. But I didn't.

Reviewed 26 November 2013

The Tikka masala was so delicious ...hadn't had this dish since we lived in New Zealand almost 7 years ago. The owner served us ...his wife and daughter ran the exact cafe in crested butte. The trio, combination plates are definitely shareable. Spinach appetizer was so tasty. The naan (esp garlic) was absolutely authentic and yummy. One of our kiddos enjoyed and shared the appetizer trios as a main...

Reviewed 8 November 2013

Best Indian and Tibetian food my partner and I have ever had. We will be back over and over again,,,must try some of the Nepalese dishes. Fresh ingredients, relaxing atmosphere, healthy, authentic international cuisine. The affordability factor is also a plus.

Reviewed 28 September 2013

Stopped in for a change. I like Eastern restaurants because you can get vegitarian food. The restaurant is apparently run by people from the Nepal/Tibet area. Not all spoke English. Food was excellent and enough that we took some home. I wondered about this type of restaurant in Gunnison but it was busy while we were there. Price was reasonable. Friendly staff. Nice surprise.