“Call of the Wild Winter Excursion”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Lucky Cat Dog Farm

Lucky Cat Dog Farm
Georgia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Call of the Wild Winter Excursion”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2008

I shared this "Call of the Wild" Winter outing with the owners, Becky and John in February 2006 and treasure the experience. I found both of these people to be well informed tour leaders. On the way from Crested Butte to the sled departure point, John pointed out interesting local sights and shared information about each. Prior to the dogsledding, we were told what to expect which was very helpful. At one point I became interested in the dogs' action; example, every few minutes, a dog would bend and suck a swallow of snow. John explained that it was called "dipping" and further explained that they were not thirsty, simply cooling their tongues and that is was their version of air conditioning. Because I was properly dressed, boots included, and extremely interested in the adventure, Becky allowed me to ride on the back of the sled with her for a short way. What fun that was and one for which I thank her and cherish. Learning mushing terms only added to the adventure. I did not expect to ride to the departure point in ultimate class and cleaniness..after all, they are in the dog sledding/tour business. I plan to return as soon as time allows. "Onward and Upward" Lucky Cat Dog Farm.

Judye-Georgia

2 Thank Snowdogs06

Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Overpriced and...”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2006

it cost us even more to wash our clothes to get the EXCESSIVE dog hair and fleas out of them. Ride was nothing more than 10 dogs pulling us at a slow pace down a groomed snowmobile road. Our trip took us about 5 miles down the road and then we turned around and went the same way home. We were told the tour would take us on trails yet when we asked about it during the ride we were told that trips vary by weather conditions. Weather conditions were perfect that day and a true team of dogs should have been able to pull our sled through the snow and on trails. Save your money and put it towards snowmobiling or skiing something you will have fond memories of.

Oh yes and if you do decide to try it for yourself get directions and take your own vehicle, don't take the free ride unless you're ok with riding in a very nasty hair covered van. We should have known what we were in for when the driver arrived in this type of vehicle...truly disgusting!

6 Thank txdoodah