“I've never finished a plate, until now!”
Review of Blue Table

Blue Table
Ranked #1 of 53 Restaurants in Gunnison
Price range: US$10 - US$25
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The Blue Table Restaurant is now CLOSED for the winter season, THANK YOU for an amazing 2017! See you in the spring! FRESH - STRAIGHTFORWARD INGREDIENTS OUTSTANDING PREPARATION ... TOTALLY CHILL ATMOSPHERE! Featuring coastal inspired seafood dishes, mouthwatering prime rib and burgers and a carefully selected wine list. Banquet Facilities available for up to 100 guests - Full Bar - Dine In Take Out - Catering Available Conveniently located on Hwy. 50 only 1 mile east of downtown and adjacent to The Inn at Tomichi Village.
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

Blue Mesa was a great surprise. It is a little restaurant just off the Main Street in Gunnison. I enjoyed excellent service and outstanding food. I ordered the shiitake mushroom risotto with scallops. Let me start by saying I hate mushrooms, but ordered this because it was highly recommended. Well it was incredible, and I ate every bite. A MUST for me when I visit GUC again.

Reviewed 9 August 2014

My husband and I ate here three nights in June and twice this month! Everything we had was fresh, tasty, and had a flair of the Chef's imagination! Our server was Taylor, a friendly delight! She even remembered us without any prompt! Food was excellent. Presentation was outstanding!
The new manager, Bob, introduced himself and made a point to ask for our feedback!
We WILL go there every chance we have. Thanks Taylor!

Reviewed 8 August 2014

After traveling around USA for 3 weeks through 9 states, what a welcome surprise to find a meal that was tasty and healthy. Restaurant decor was modern, waitress was great food was first class. What a welcome change from super sized potions loaded up with sauce and grease.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

First off I don't usually do reviews. Everybody has a bad day or night, and usually there is some redeeming quality that offsets an entirely BAD experience. But this i HAD to share. We have all had very high hopes for this restaurant as the "Hype" has been huge! But this was so bad it is embarrassing.
First off we were greeted by a gum-smacking hostess(?) that took us to our table. The sound system was literally blasting Guns-n-Roses throught the dining room. I like GNR just not as background dinner music, and I would like to hear my date and server over the sound. Our server did address the sound issue when I asked if it could be adjusted, thank you. Our drink order was taken promptly and delivered promptly. I looking over the menu however, we did not see the "extensive" menu as mentioned in other reviews or as promised locally from advertisements. The menu was extremely "soft". We ordered the crab cake appetizer which was very good but delivered with our servers thumb in the plate. Our entrees arrived 45 minutes later and again were delivered with fingers in the food. I had the Shrimp and Scallops. I was so anticipated a fabulous, can't be made at home seafood dinner and boy was I disappointed. There are 2 medium shrimp in this dish and 3 (although I only got 1/2 of one) quarter sized scallops. They sit on a lovely bed of risotto and the flavors are very nice, but it is an appetizer serving at best. Where were the beautiful big scallops that should have graced this dish? For $22 I did expect a decent sized meal. My husband had a burger which was a 1/4 pound at best before cooking and came on a wooden cutting board with black and white checked paper like you might see at a Red Robin or that type of retaurant. I'm not sure what concept they are going for here, fine dining or diner? All of the servers, or staff I saw seemed hooribly untrained and out of place. They didn't seem real comfortable with the whole dining room process. Fingers in the food, asking "how's everything tasting?" How about "How is your meal this evening can I bring you anything else?" What does "how everything tasting" even supposed to mean? How do you answer that, "it tastes like food?"
I am NOT a snob. I was a waitress in a fine dining establishment here in Gunnison (Josef's) for several years. I am however over 50 and probably expect a lot more that what today's dining out experience has become. Spend half as much time and money training your staff as you spent on decoration and embroidered uniforms and you might have something.
Don't waste you money or time if you want a better that dinner at home worth every penny you spent evening you won't get it here. I was so hopeful!

5  Thank Les H
Reviewed 28 July 2014

My husband and I have eaten at the Blue Mesa Grill several times since their opening in May, and every time seems to be better than the last. The menu is extensive and the food is delicious! The service is excellent and the staff work together so great. I heard our favorite server is no longer working, though, so hopefully someone else will step up to the plate!