“What a gem !!!”

Ranked #3 of 51 Restaurants in Gunnison
Price range: US$10 - US$25
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: FRESH - STRAIGHTFORWARD INGREDIENTS OUTSTANDING PREPARATION ... TOTALLY CHILL ATMOSPHERE! Featuring coastal inspired seafood dishes, mouthwatering prime rib and burgers and a carefully selected wine list. Banquet Facilities available for up to 100 guests - Full Bar - Dine In Take Out - Catering Available Conveniently located on Hwy. 50 only 1 mile east of downtown and adjacent to The Inn at Tomichi Village.
“What a gem !!!”
Reviewed 30 August 2014

So surprised to find a "foodie" restaurant in Gunnison ! The atmosphere was casual and inviting - perfect way to start the weekend. There is an outdoor patio for drinks before dinner.
We had the scallop and shrimp risotto as a starter - which was balanced, light and tasty with the stir fried veggies. My husband had the hangar steak which was very tender and delicious while my coconut crusted fish was perfectly done and delicious !
If you live in town - don't delay. If you are out of town, it's worth a stop!

• Visited August 2014
2 Thank harlean m

Pleasanton, California
“Autumn was right, it was a great meal”
Reviewed 25 August 2014

We were looking for something different, not too heavy. It was right on every count. We were ushered into a booth in the bar area, arriving before the other tables filled with folks enjoying their meals. I ordered a cup of clam chowder with a tomato vegetable broth. Very tasty. Also a wonderful calamari misto platter, but the piece de resistence was a small kale and brussel sprout salad. I wouild come back any time for another one of those. My wife shared her cream of turkey soup and excellent crab cakes. Our guests shared an elegant bruschetta, with manhattans capping the feast. For dessert, I had the best ever apple pie a la mode; our guests shared key lime cake. Our service was excellent. If you're within 25-50 miles of Gunnison, it's definitely worth the trip to Blue Mesa Grill.

• Visited August 2014
Glenwood Springs, Colorado
“Fun night out with family!”
Reviewed 22 August 2014

Came here for a late night meal with my family. We sat in the bar area and I thought the decor was wonderful. In fact the atmosphere of the whole place is warm, inviting and casual while still feeling like a special place to go "out" to. We waited for a short period to get our table but found the outside lounge furniture very comfortable and enjoyed a glass of wine.

The meal itself was outstanding. Lots of variety on the menu, while not too much to make our choice overwhelming. We all ordered different things and shared. Can say there wasn't one thing I didn't enjoy. Everything was delicious. My favorite part might have been the desserts. Made from scratch I think, we ordered three and nearly licked the plates when we were through....

Looking forward to our next trip to Gunnison so we can eat here again. Definitely recommend and in fact I have referred my friends.

• Visited July 2014
“Utterly Delicious”
Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

A few months ago I stayed at The Inn and it was the most relaxing and enjoyable stay I have encountered in a very long time. The management invited me to come back and try out their new resturant Blue Mesa Grill once it opened. So I went back and here is what I thought.

The Blue Mesa Grill is a hidden culinary gem in the quaint town of Gunnison. From the moment I walked in, it felt like upscale dining with a hometown feel. The restaurant was beautifully decorated and staff was friendly and very attentive. I had my choice of seating in the dining room, at the candlelit bar or the al fresco patio. I chose the bar.

I enjoyed an appetizer of Duck fat fries. Simple and delicious. For my main course I had the rotisserie chicken with vegetables and mashed potatoes. Comfort food with an upscale flair. The chicken was moist, juicy and tender. The vegetables were perfectly cooked and lightly seasoned so as to let the flavors speak for themselves. The mashed potatoes were real. It couldn't get any better. I lie... It did! I had dessert! The chocolate mousse cup with fresh berries was to die for. The most beautifully plated dessert I have seen. It was a chocolaty berry dessert masterpiece!

Overall it was an incredible meal at an incredible price. I would recommend Blue Mesa Grill to anyone who wants a wonderful meal in a serene and relaxing setting. Two thumbs way up.

1 Thank Trish H
Bellaire, Texas
“I've never finished a plate, until now!”
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

Blue Mesa was a great surprise. It is a little restaurant just off the Main Street in Gunnison. I enjoyed excellent service and outstanding food. I ordered the shiitake mushroom risotto with scallops. Let me start by saying I hate mushrooms, but ordered this because it was highly recommended. Well it was incredible, and I ate every bite. A MUST for me when I visit GUC again.