“A Night at Days Inn Gunnison”

Days Inn & Suites Gunnison
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Gunnison
Reviewed 29 September 2013

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jean H
Manager-17542, General Manager at Days Inn & Suites Gunnison, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2013

Reviewed 18 September 2013

My husband and I found this hotel while site seeing in the area. When we walked in it was so warm and welcoming, from the fresh baked cookies to the pleasant and knowledgeable staff. We felt right at home. Our room was clean and comfortable and we had biscuits and gravy for breakfast!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Manager-17542, General Manager at Days Inn & Suites Gunnison, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2013

Dear Valued Guest:
Thank you for your review and for your encouraging words. This is a great time to travel through because all the fall colors our coming out in this area. We try to treat every guest like family so it feels like home. We hope that next time you visit you would stay with us again.

Reviewed 13 September 2013

We arrived late; around 10pm with no reservations. The hotel appeared to be well kept, the rooms were clean and comfortable. Check in was quick and the staff courteous Overall value for the one night stay was excellent.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
Manager-17542, General Manager at Days Inn & Suites Gunnison, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2013

Dear Valued Guest
I appreciate you noticing our staff keeping the property clean and comfortable. We strive to create the best Value in town. The staff and I hope to see you soon.
Brandon Hert
Always striving to achieve more

Reviewed 12 September 2013

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 9 September 2013

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 3 September 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed for about a week. The people at the desk were friendly and shared the hotel had been completely remodeled over the spring. Our room wasn't bad, but I don't think they remodeled everything. Our shower/bathtub was older and dirty. The beds were most likely new and very hard. There are two hot tubs outside on a covered patio that seemed new, but needed chairs or places to set your towels as we had to hang ours on the fence. All in all, for the price we paid, we got a good deal with average rooms and great aervice.

• Stayed: August 2013
Manager-17542, General Manager at Days Inn & Suites Gunnison, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2013

Dear Valued Guest
I want to say thank you for your response and I am glad that you enjoyed your stayed. I also like your suggestion about a towel hook around the hot tubs, I plan on doing that. I hope the next time you visit Gunnison you will choose to stay with us.

Reviewed 28 August 2013

This property was apparently recently renovated

The pluses:
* Location: just a beautiful 30 minute drive to Crested Butte
* Rebecca the desk clerk (not Rebecca the manager)
* Low rates compared to other properties in the area
* They honored our request for a first floor room, as one of my friends had a foot injury
* The rooms are nice, although ours was very small.

The minuses:
We were there for three nights...checking in Friday afternoon, and out Monday morning.
* The first room we were assigned to, 106, had a fan in the bathroom that didn't work. We had to move all of our luggage (3 people) to another room.
* Saturday, we went to Crested Butte, and left the hotel at 9 am . We returned at 9pm to find that our room had not been made up. The beds were unmade, the dirty towels were still on the floor of the bathroom, and the trash cans were still full. I reported it to the desk clerk, Rebecca, who said she had no idea why. She went into the linen storage room and gave me three bath towels, one hand towel, and no washcloths. I had to go to our room, get the dirty towels, take them to the linen room myself, and get the hand towels and washcloths myself., Rebecca told me to talk to Rebecca the manager the next morning, when she'd be on duty.
* The next morning,, I asked the young, male desk clerk for Rebecca the manager. I was told she was asleep (it was 7 am). I went back at 8 and was told she was still asleep. The manager's husband was there, and I told him what had happened. I asked for a discount on my room for that night. He said he'd check with Rebecca, and they'd leave a note under my door as to what would be done. He also told me management was off on the weekends, and there was no manager on duty on the weekends. There was no note under my door as he'd promised.
* I called the hotel Sunday afternoon to see if it was resolved. Rebecca the desk clerk told me that the management couple was out, was unreachable by cell phone, and that I'd have to talk to them when I returned that evening.
* Sunday evening, we had our door slightly cracked, as one of our friends had walked out to the car for a moment. Rebecca the manager stumbled into our room without knocking. When I asked if I could help her, she didn't respond, turned around, stumbled out, and went into the room next door. Really?!?!?
* I talked to the husband again, and he granted us a discount for the day before when our room was not cleaned. He had no explanation as to why Rebecca would have come into our room without knocking.
* At one point, I was at Safeway, called back to the hotel to talk to my friend in our room, and the desk clerk, who was new, said he didn't know how to transfer me to my room,.
* The breakfast, although "free" (included in the room rate) lacks healthy options. There are waffles, biscuits and gravy, bagels and muffins, stale raisin bran, fruit loops, canned fruit, and oatmeal packets. No fresh fruit, no yogurt, no real protein sources like hard boiled eggs.

Overall, it was a decent property with seriously terrible management and service. They definitely have some issues they need to resolve.

Room Tip: Room 106 had a broken bathroom fan. Room 108 was decent but small. I don't know if all the room...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Manager-17542, Owner at Days Inn & Suites Gunnison, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

First, I want to apologize for the many inconveniences that you encountered during your stay. We always strive to make each guest’s stay memorable, comfortable, and happy, during their visit; and it is distressing to hear of your dissatisfaction. It is of utmost importance that our housekeeping staff leaves every room clean, well-stocked, and in order. Our entire team is very sorry to hear that this was not the case in your room.

I understand that having a manager on property is important, and I apologize for any confusion, as Robert is one of our managers. We understand that everything was not perfect during your stay, but we appreciate that you shared the positives as well. Thank you for sharing that our front desk staff was accommodating, and that you enjoyed the beauty that our town has to offer. Our guest satisfaction is our number one priority, and we appreciate your review. Since we were just recently remodeled, and reopened, our staff is undergoing lots of training, and your comments will help up to better our guest experience and satisfaction.

Brandon Hert,