“Nice place”

Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Gunnison
Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States
“Nice place”
Reviewed 2 October 2013

Due to a bad experience with online booking, we waited to arrive at Gunnison before choosing a place to stay for the night. The Alpine Inn was not a disappointment. The rooms were clean, nicely appointed and large. It was nice to have microwave & refrigerator in the room. Beds & pillows were very comfortable & lobby decor is very "mountain." The included full breakfast was satisfying, including fresh fruits. Reasonably priced, but not what I would consider a bargain.

Room Tip: Bring your bathing suit - it has a small pool. Be aware that some rooms are smoking.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed 30 September 2013

From the moment we walked through the front entry, it was quite obvious that the owners took a great deal of pride in their ownership and that carried through our entire stay. The facility and rooms were immaculate and well maintained.

Our normal preference for lodging location is to pick one where we can easily walk to our choice of restaurants for dinner but Gunnison has little to offer to meet our preference. Since Gunnison doesn't have a taxi service, the owners offered to provide us with transportation to and from the restaurant.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Amelia, Nebraska
Reviewed 27 September 2013

We booked our rooms at a very good price and have been pleasantly surprised at what we got. Extra amenities: iron and ironing board, hair dryer, refrigerator, nice sized tv and AC unit which I guess isn't always available in Colorado. The bed and pillows were very comfortable and the place is very clean. Complimentary breakfast includes scrambled eggs, sausage and gravy, french toast, cook it fresh belgium waffles, yogurt and well as the typical cereal and rolls. We decided to stay here again on our return trip. Can't imagine one wouldn't be satisfied.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed 3 September 2013

We spent two nights at the Alpine Inn in Gunnison, CO in August 2013. The price was great, especially for a time that could still be considered tourist season. The room was very clean and modern. It has air conditioning which I have found isn't a given in Colorado. The indoor pool looked nice but the temp was 78 degrees; way too cold for swimming. The jetted hot tub was great. The king size bed was very comfortable. They offer a free breakfast but I never got up in time to make it. I think it ends at 9:30.
The two persons that we spoke with at different times at the front desk were very nice and helpful. The free Wi-Fi was decent and we were at the far end of the motel. Closer to the desk it was great. We also had a fridge and microwave. Our view was of a junk yard next door but we didn’t expect a good view in town so we didn’t mind.
One block away was the Last Chance Saloon. They have the best pizza that we’ve had in a long time. We also watched The Giving Tree Band perform there and loved them. The only problem for an old man like me was the band's start time of 10:45 PM. It’s a college town so maybe the younger gen starts late like that in Gunnison. The Last Chance had free pool in the afternoon, a very friendly staff and good prices.

Room Tip: Closer to the front desk had better Wi-Fi.
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed 1 September 2013

Ugly view from our room - for two days we overlooked a septic tank junk yard. Owner would not allow us to change rooms. Worst part was the sarcastic tirade the owner carried out with other facility workers about our request after we left the desk. This was heard in the parking lot, lobby and the pool area while we were unloading our car. We were humiliated - just for asking for a different room. Very unprofessional. Our door was open ajar a couple of times when we returned to our room - this made us a bit uncomfortable, but nothing was taken or messed with. We will not return to this facility and cannot recommend this place.

Room Tip: Rooms on back side of hotel overlook a septic leech field pipe junk yard ! A couple of times upon re...
1 Thank NinePine14775
Queen Creek, Arizona
Reviewed 27 August 2013

We reviewed the recommendations for the Alpine Inn from Tripadvisor and decided to stay at this location. We're so glad we did! My criteria is to look for the best value we can find and at a good price. We got both. We would definitely stay there again.

Everything that you need for comfort is here. The beds, pillows and linens were just right. The room was extremely quiet.

The staff were friendly and accommodating.

The breakfast was good; it was the typical food fare for the complimentary breakfast offerings. It can get a bit crowded in the eating area, like it was the morning we were there. There is adequate seating if everyone doesn't get there at the same time, as in our case. But we managed.

It is not a new building. However, don't be put off when you walk into the front lobby. It's a bit rustic - but it fits the surrounding area - and makes your stay unique. The hotel rooms are completely updated and comfortable. Sometimes the advantages of being in older buildings is that the construction is sturdier so it keeps the sound down to a minimum.

Room Tip: I think they would all be about the same. We stayed on the first floor and never heard any traffic o...
Mobile, Alabama
Reviewed 5 August 2013

The place is nice. I don't recall any real problems with the room or cleanliness. Breakfast was also impressive.

My only complaint was the way we were billed. We saw a two double room online for $75. Before I booked I went inside to see what they charged for walk-ins (sometimes the rate is less) and they clerk told me $79.99. When I told her about the lower cost online, she said that was for two people, not four (there was 4 in my group) and that actually four would be $99, and that the $79 she was offering was a discount you can't find online. I could not remember if I had put the number of people on the online reservation so I simply paid for the room. I went and looked at my laptop after and actually I had noted 4 people, so the clerk was either misleading or incorrect. It was only $5 and it was late and I was tired so I just let it go. Then, the charge on my card was $90. I can't find the receipt and not sure if their taxes are that high or what but the whole episode has left a bad taste in my mouth.

Bottom Line: It is doubtful I will stay at this hotel again but if I do, I'll be sure of the discounts beforehand and pay cash.

Room Tip: Double check the costs beforehand....be sure to keep your receipt and compare with your credit card.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family