“Cancelled flight leads to unexpected blessing” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Quality Inn Gunnison

Quality Inn Gunnison
Ranked #9 of 12 Hotels in Gunnison
Orlando, Florida
“Cancelled flight leads to unexpected blessing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2014

My husband and I were ready to fly home to Orlando with our 4 children, and were waiting at the gate for the plane to arrive, when we were told that our departing flight out of Gunnison had been cancelled; the pilot would not land the aircraft because of poor weather conditions. I contacted Choice Hotels, and was directed to the Quality Inn. We needed two rooms with two queen beds each, and Q. I. had them! I was told that the rate would be $94.00 plus tax for each room (I was happy because the local Holiday Inn was charging $134.00 per night per room). Imagine our surprise upon arrival at the hotel to learn that the rate was reduced to a mere $50.00 per room!! The rooms were clean, the beds; comfy, the breakfast; very good and the rate; excellent! Thank you for coming to our rescue!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Lawton, Oklahoma
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2014

This is an older property, however you can tell the owners and staff take great interest in providing a clean and pleasant stay for the guests. Nice hot breakfast with plenty to choose from. They are also pet freindly.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple

Grand Junction, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2013

We stay at this hotel whenever we are in Gunnison for work projects, which has been a lot lately. The rooms are comfortable and clean, but older. They have a good free breakfast with eggs, bacon, sausage, biscuits and gravy, waffles, etc. The bathroom heaters work well for keeping the room warm even when it is bitterly cold outside.

Room Tip: The king rooms with a jacuzzi tub are very nice after a long day.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Michele G, Owner at Quality Inn Gunnison, responded to this review, 8 February 2016
Hey Chris,
We love that you stay with us often and that we are keeping you warm. There is nothing better then coming in from the cold to a cozy room and a warm shower. And my goodness has it been cold. We are also very excited to tell all of our guests that new bedding, drapery, and in room coffee pots are on their way. Change is happening and we hope you love it.
Thank you again Chris for your wonderful feedback and we will see you very soon,

Michele Gallowich
Owner/Manager
Littleton, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 December 2013

The heating equipment was more than adequate, but a little noisy.
The breakfast was very good.
The staff was very courteous and helpful.
I have stayed here in the past, and I have used their conference room for business in the past.

Room Tip: I requested a ground-floor room and was given one without question.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business

Dear Nicholas,
Thank you so much for such a kind review. My husband and I are the new owners of the Quality Inn and we have been so blessed with such a wonderful staff. A staff that truly enjoys taking care of our wonderful guests. We hope that you will stay with us again very soon in your many travels. New bedding, drapery, and new in room coffee pots are just some of the updates that are taking place as we speak. Safe travels to you and your family.
Michele Gallowich
Owner/Manager
Colorado Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 December 2013

I have to say this was one of the cleanest motels/hotels I have ever stayed at. I am typically one that will disinfect when I go into a room the things that I will be touching and using like the phone, light switches, door handles, and of course the bathroom. After taking some disinfecting wipe through the room they were still white as if I hadn't even used them! I have to say that was a surprise to me and a definite plus for this hotel. The bed was comfortable but I have to say the pillows are quite small. The breakfast is why I gave only 4 stars instead of 5. The hash-browns were lukewarm and a bit on the soggy side. The eggs were also only lukewarm. They had french toast sticks that looked so unappealing I didn't try them. I did enjoy that they had bacon as most of the places only offer sausage and I enjoyed my waffle which was the only thing that seemed fresh and hot. The breakfast was edible but not up to the standards I find at other Choice Hotels. The staff from check-in to check-out was superb. They were friendly and helpful. I would definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Alan P, Manager at Quality Inn Gunnison, responded to this review, 12 December 2013
Thank you for your great review!

We sincerely appreciate any and all feedback! It lets us know what we are doing right and what we need to improve on. We have had others give us similar feedback regarding the breakfast as well. We are happy to report that we have installed new buffet warmers and they seem to have done the trick. Paige3M, we look forward to seeing you again soon!

harlan,ky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2013

This is by far one of the best hotels that I have ever stayed in I've stayed at the embassy hamton inn and suites and many other hotels and this is by far one if the best the next time I'm in the Gunnison area I will most definitely be staying at the quality inn in Gunnison

• Stayed December 2013
Thank you for your great review!
We sincerely appreciate your support and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Salt Lake City
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2013

I travel to Gunnison Co. about every 4 weeks on business and always stay at the Quality Inn. I found the rooms to be large and roomy, and very clean. I love there bathrooms No cheap tissue, the beds were comfortable and the rooms are very quite. Internet connection meets my needs and the staff have always been friendly and helpful. Would recommend this place to anyone traveling thru town.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Alan P, Manager at Quality Inn Gunnison, responded to this review, 11 December 2013
Thank you for your great review!

As always we sincerely appreciate your business and we look forward to seeing you again soon! Happy Holidays!.