“Hmmm...”
Review of Rodeway Inn

Rodeway Inn
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Gunnison
Reviewed 18 December 2013

I don't quite get it, I expected more from the reviews.
When we checked in we were asked what time we would be down for breakfast and of course being on vacation who knows and even if we will other than coffee. The clerk wanted a time so we said we wouldn't bother him for breakfast but would come down for a couple cups of coffee. He said something about the coffee being for breakfast we have a coffee maker in our room and gave us an extra packet of coffee. We took it that he didn't want us to come in just for a cup of coffee.
When we got to our room my husband sat the coffee packet down and picked up the pot. He looked a little funny when he looked at it and then looked at me. He knew exactly what was going to come out of my mouth with me being quite germaphobic. "There is no way I am drinking coffee from that disgusting pot"! He had to drive nearly three miles the next day for a couple cups of coffee as he wasn't going to use that pot either.
The room was clean enough. The hem of the bedspread was coming apart and some dust build up on the carpet edge in the sink area. Other than that the room was clean. The heater was not very good. I was able to do a load of laundry but the room was dark at 4:30 and no light switch, luckily the light came on while my clothes were in the dryer. I was grateful for the laundry room and the fact you needed a room key to get into it. When I went to get in the shower in the morning I ran the water for a minute and it was BROWN. I took a sponge bath as I was not going to shower in brown water. The whole point is to come out cleaner than I went in after all.
This motel did what we needed except the shower but I would not say it was perfect as I was expecting but fine for an overnight stop if you know when you will eat breakfast, something I still do not understand.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank D M
RodewayInnGunnison, Owner at Rodeway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. We consistently strive to provide great hospitality and clean rooms even if it means improving in the smallest ways. The brown water that you mentioned was a first time occurrence and we are looking for effective ways in addressing it. We apologize about the dirty coffee pot and have notified the housekeeping as well as for the other issues of cleanliness you've experienced. Again, we will do our best to improve in anyway we can even if it means in the smallest ways.
Best Regards,
Owners

Reviewed 13 December 2013

I do a lot of traveling with my job and end up staying in many hotels. I think one of the nicest guys to ever greet me, works here at the Gunnison, Colorado Rodeway Inn. He was very polite with very good attention to detail with regards of him telling me where everything is and assured me that if there were any troubles, to not hesitate to call him, even during the night's late hours. I never had to call him but was vey impressed by him. The rooms are nice and have just about anything you would need from home; hair dryer, plenty of towels, a nice little seating area's with chairs for relaxing. The place was spotless and totally met my needs. The price was great as well. Thank you for your great customer support. PS The man at the front desk who was so pleasant, came here from Poland and I could tell he was proud to be here.

Room Tip: Single level rooms so you don't have to hear people above you stomping all around their room all...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank HedzRed
Reviewed 23 October 2013

This is my second stay at this location. Wow, Andrew keeps this place squared away. The place is spotless, clean and neat! The rooms are basic, but comfortable and very quiet. The breakfast is good and warm. Without a doubt, I will return again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank ColoTraveler45
Reviewed 13 October 2013

We were very pleased with our stay at this property in Gunnison. The pride of ownership really shows. The owners are on premises 24 hours a day. Our room was sparkling clean and freshly remodeled. The hot breakfast was excellent. The value was great and we received the AARP discount. The staff was friendly and helpful and valued our business.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank mrs_wolfe2004
Reviewed 10 October 2013

TA steered me here for which I'm thankful. I tend to think of Rodeway Inn's as being pretty poor (Consumer Reports?), but as other reviewers have found, this is a clean, well run place, that tops all the better known places in Gunnison. The owners (originally from Poland via Chicago I believe) are just delightful people who are trying hard (and succeeding) in running a great, reasonably priced place. We ended up staying for three nights, and found the beds comfortable; the rooms spotlessly clean; the breakfast good, and the service great.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Andrew W
Reviewed 7 October 2013

We stayed here many years ago and were not impressed with the motel. This visit was much better and you can tell that they have really renovated the place. Décor in the rooms is a little different with all the color and pattern variations. Beds were nice, but pillows were too flat. Older guests will have a problem with the toilet seat being so low to the floor. Fridge and microwave worked well. Breakfast items were good. Darnell was very nice at check-in desk. Room was quiet and far enough away from Hwy. 50 but planes from airport nearby were a distraction. Rate was very good for Gunnison where most hotels/motels are way over priced ! May stay here next year or try the newly renovated Days Inn and Suites down the road. Leaf peepers unite !

Room Tip: Stay further away from the office for less noise and better parking.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Rocky-Mtn-trekker
Reviewed 30 September 2013

I stayed here for the first time in September 2008. Five years later, it's still an awesome place to stay and a great value! Very quiet and clean, and the couple who owns the place are friendly and helpful. I will definitely stay here again in the future.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple