“Portugal vs Mexico game”

Holiday Inn Express Woonsocket
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Woonsocket
Reviewed 9 June 2014

We arrived Friday night on June 6/2014 for the soccer game at Gillette Stadium. We arrived at this hotel at 4 PM thank God they had rooms for us all the other hotels we tried where booked. The staff were very friendly and very knowledgeable, they even recommended us to a very nice restaurant. Our rooms were fresh and clean. I stayed in the suite room. Yes I would go back.

Room Tip: The rooms where fresh and clean.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Woonsocket

Reviewed 15 May 2014

I have had the opportunity to stay here a few times and it is a reasonable hotel in the Northern Rhode Island area. The breakfast served each morning is comparable to the breakfast served by the Hampton Inn chain (Hiton affiliate). The rooms are very nice and clean though there is no fridge/microwave. I like the fact that there is no tub, just a shower which is easily accessible and large enough for anyone. There is an indoor pool and fitness center. The one odd item is that the front doors are not automatic which I am accustomed to seeing at most hotels. This can make it difficult to get in and out with luggage. It would be a nice upgrade to this hotel. Otherwise, I don't see how you would be disappointed staying here. There is also a diner on site that I believe is open 24/7 but I did not try it.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 May 2014

I stayed at this location and although the hotel was nice, we were Very disappointed the pool was out of service and no one informed us. We were going to have a great deal of down time during our stay and since there is not much to do in the area, the pool would have been just the right thing! Breakfast was nice and although there was a crowd it was nicely done.
I advised the young lady at the front desk that the floor in the elevator was sticky, seemed like someone spilled soda.. she smiled and nodded at me without a promise it would be taken care and sure enough it never was, the elevator floor was sticky the entire weekend. I find the front desk girls smiled and seemed friendly, but no one was looking to provide any sort of service to the guests. Nothing terrible about this hotel, but definatley nothing special either. It's a clean room and nice bed with a TV.. I can get that many places...They placed an extra hold on the credit cards.. most hotels tell you this upfront, but they didn't, my alert on my phone told me. The Holiday Inn could step up their customer service practices and take a page out of other hotels, they are an older chain and it shows they still run it like the 80s. The front desk experience can make or break your stay. One older girl at the desk (could have been a manager) seemed the worst at customer service as I overheard her speaking to other guests checking out. Average stay is about the best I can say!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Woonsocket, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Dear Samsmom3,

Thank you for your recent review of our property. I am so glad that you liked our hotel location and breakfast. However, it seems your overall stay with us was not 100% satisfactory. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the experience you had with the level of service received and the unavailability of the pool. I will make sure that your comments will be forwarded to the appropriate departments and be reviewed. Your comments are truly valuable, as this will give us an opportunity to look for areas to improve.

John O
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 23 April 2014

I recently attended a meeting at CVS corporate offices and stayed at this hotel. The hotel was very convenient to CVS's office. The hotel is an average medium class hotel with not many frills or value add conveniences. The room was clean and acceptable. I felt the price was high for the type of hotel and services offered. Location was very good for my needs.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank backermanpa
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Woonsocket, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

Dear backermanpa,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. Your review is vital for improving the service and quality we offer to our valued guest. I am pleased to know that you found our hotel convenient, rooms clean and acceptable. It is always hugely motivating when one takes the time and trouble to acknowledge or give points for improvement. We hope to get the opportunity of welcoming you back in the future. Thank you once again for your valuable comment, and if you might have any suggestions that will contribute to enhancing your stay, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 21 April 2014

We drove to Rhode Island to eat at Lindy's Tavern in North Smithfield. This presented the best value in the area, & had two amenities we enjoy: an indoor pool & a hot breakfast buffet. Well, neither disappointed. The hotel is tucked away in a corner of Woonsocket, but anyone who knows how to read directions can find it easy enough. The place was clean & the room looked 4-star quality as far as cleanliness & décor. The bed was comfortable & the sofa added a nice suite ambiance. My only "reservation" is that I was charged again for my room upon check-out, on the card that was only supposed to be used for $20 worth of "incidentals". I had to wait to speak to management to get that refunded, & is my only gripe with this hotel. But mistakes happen, & overall we loved our stay.

Room Tip: I don't think it really matters here. There are no views, but it's in an "out-of-the-wa...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 March 2014

We booked this hotel due it it proximity to Bellingham, MA where we had to attend a function. We stopped by the front desk earlier in the week and make our reservation.

When we checked in on the weekend of our reservation, the front desk clerk appeared to be under training, but the trainer or supervisor helped check us in. Both were very pleasant and helpful. The trainer saw that we were non-smokers and were booked into a non-smoking room on the 5th floor, but she mentioned that she will change our floor so that we won't be exposed to any cigarette smoke that may occur in the hallway. So we were instantly booked to a non-smoking room on the 2nd floor. I thought that was a very nice gesture which saved us from any potential issues, and I was very pleased.

The hotel was nice and clean, breakfast was good, although we showed up at the end of the breakfast period, and just made it and got enough food to start our day. I have read other reviews mentioning thin walls (noisy). I don't agree on that matter exactly, but I have people in their rooms talking as I passed their door. The doors seem to not muffle sound well, but otherwise I thought the place (our room) was quiet. The pool water was very warm and I wished we had the time to enjoy it, but the function in a nearby town kept us away. Next time I am looking forward to use the pool, and we will use that hotel again.

There is an eating establishment located across the parking lot called the "Patriot Diner" which provides food 24 hours a day. I don't thing they are related to the hotel, but it is certainly a plus to the hotel to have it there. We have eaten there many times in the past as we drive through the area, and the fact that we used the hotel made it super convenient . Food is always good, but the food orders are sometimes slow if there are a large number of people dropping by. We have on occasions been responsible for that a few times by suddenly showing up with 15 - 20 people and ordering a midnight breakfast for our group. A side note, they put us in the back area away from the regular booths and counter stools, so others can enjoy the diner.

So the hotel has a great deal of plus factors: location was good for nearby Bellingham, MA, friendly helpful staff, clean rooms, warm pool, nearby restaurant that I enjoyed using, and the hotel breakfast had a good selection and was very good. As mentioned before, I will use this hotel again in the future.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 February 2014 via mobile

I have stayed at the HI EXPRESS WOONSOCKET about 20 times over the last few years and have nothing but positive things to say about it. The staff is great, the rooms clean and comfortable and breakfast while not gourmet- serves the purpose! While it is in an industrial area/car lot keep in mind CVS is headquartered here and this HI caters to them, its across the way from CVS. Highly recommended.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Woonsocket
All Seasons Inn & Suites
All Seasons Inn & Suites
#3 of 3 in Smithfield
Hampton Inn & Suites Providence/Smithfield
Holiday Inn Express and Suites Smithfield - Providence
Courtyard Providence Lincoln
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Franklin / Milford Area
NYLO Providence/Warwick

Been to Holiday Inn Express Woonsocket? Share your experiences!