“Good once, gone now”

Cuisines: Seafood
Woonsocket, Rhode Island
“Good once, gone now”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2012

When under the original owner, it was a good place. The fish and Chips were better than what is served at Old English. Crisp and tasty unlike Ye Old English which has soggy ones.

However, the old owner retired and the new owner decided to make changes - it all went downhill after that and is now closed.

Visited September 2012

North Smithfield, Rhode Island, United States
“Sucks”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 December 2012

This place closed for a reason. It was never good and the location was horrible. Here's an idea, let's open a restaurant in a bad location and then serve sub-par food. Fools

Providence, Rhode Island
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Out of business”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2012

The fish and chips were good but. The restaurant has closed down. Try ye ol English fish and chips on lower south main, market square. Very good with other food items besides just fish.

Buffalo, NY
“Tartar sauce not included...”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2011

I decided to go out for lunch with my family today since we were at the library and didn't feel like walking back to the house just yet. We discussed where we wanted to go and didn't want to just go with Burger King or some other fast food, so we decided to give Kevin's Galley a try. After a quick trip to the ATM to make sure we had enough money on us we headed over.

The restaurant itself is cozy and the people working there seemed nice enough so the four of us decided to go simple and get the Fish and Chips. I placed the order for the food and drinks which came out to just over $40 and went to sit down and wait for our meal. When it came out, there were large pieces of fried fish on top of fries... and no tartar sauce. When my wife asked for some, the server said that it wasn't included with the meal, but they could sell us some if we liked. I told him no, thank you.

The fish was pretty greasy and the fries fairly soggy. My wife couldn't even finish hers, especially with the lack of tartar sauce, which she generally needs when she eats fried fish. I ate all of mine, just because I didn't want it to be a waste of $40. The woman that initially took our order at the register came to ask if everything was okay and I expressed my displeasure that there was no tartar sauce. She apologized and said that it wasn't her decision to do it like that and if she could, she would bring us some. I told her I understood it wasn't her decision, but that had I known when I ordered, I would have canceled the order and left, rather than spend a lot of money on something that would disappoint. Add to that the fact that the board lists "X - Sauce" which anyplace else would indicate "Extra Sauce" with prices next to it... if you don't get any in the first place, it's not "Extra."

If you're in Woonsocket and you really want some Fish and Chips, just go over to Ye Olde English. The food there has been excellent when I've gone and they'll charge you for extra tartar sauce, but at least you'll get some with your meal in the first place that you don't pay more for.

• Visited October 2011
1 Thank Number6Buffalo
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best seafood around!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2011

I had the best clams but my husband had the prime rib. Oh my God, I'd have to say this was the best prime rib I've ever had! You gotta try it!