Below is a copy of the email I sent to the hotel after our visit. It follows the guest questionnaire you get on checkout. We liked this hotel a lot. The only negative comments, and it's a minor, was that some of the outside noise came through at night, but the noise was nothing obnoxious or nasty - just noise of people enjoying some of the restaurants and places nearby. There were many good restaurants, especially for lunch or dinner. For breakfast, my wife and I found Early Girl cafe, a block away from the hotel; Early Girl was a great place for a casual breakfast - try to pumpkin/banana/ginger bread. If you're looking for books and reading material, also a block away is a well-stocked bookstore called Malaprops; it also has a small cafe.
Here's the email I sent the hotel:
My wife and I visited last week and stayed at your hotel, in room 310, for a few days. We had a great time in Asheville and thoroughly enjoyed our stay with you. We didn't fill out the guest questionnaire when we left, but we wanted to make sure you knew how highly we thought of your hotel. We will stay there when we return to Asheville and recommend your hotel to our family and friends.
Regarding the items on the guest questionnaire, I wanted to say these things:
- Lobby appearance: clean, warm, quiet, and inviting. It's a great place to sit and read and watch the world go by.
- Bellman appearance and helpfulness: professional and very courteous. We arrived around dinnertime, and he pointed out some good nearby restaurants and bookstores and entertainment places for us to enjoy that evening.
- Desk attendant appearance and helpfulness: also professional and very courteous. Our check-in was quick and easy and he also volunteered maps and cards with directions for us to visit Biltmore. As for the cards you hand out with printed directions to nearby places, that was a very nice touch. It showed planning and thoughfulness. It also saved us from misreading our handwriting and getting lost.
- Valet service: very, very impressive. We had the same valet every time, morning and night, which made us think he was the hardest working man in Asheville. Turns out we were right. The weekend we there, he worked two double shifts and a midnight shift plus a few hours. He was very careful with our car every time - not a scratch or ding on it - and didn't appear to be bothered by the very bad wind and rain. We were there the weekend of the tornadoes that hit west and east North Carolina.
- Room size: we walked in for the first time and our jaws dropped. The room was huge! Plenty of room for the two of us. We spent a lot of time in the sitting area reading and planning out our day trips. It was nice having a separate sleeping and sitting area.
- Pillows and bedding: clean and comfortable. The beds were a little hard for us, but are probably fine for others.
- Towels and hand cloths: clean, soft, and plenty of them.
- Turn down service: excellent, and we loved the chocolates you left. We visited the candy shop they came from.
- Overall rating: 10 out of 10, 10 being the highest. We've stayed at luxury hotels in Disneyworld, Paris, London, Washington, Phoenix, and Minneapolis. You hotel was right up there with any of them, and better than most.
So - thank you for a wonderful stay and excellent customer service. We were very impressed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- From its earliest days as a high-end department store, our location has been the center of Asheville’s social and cultural scene. Haywood Park puts you right in the heart of the Asheville experience — fabulous food, art, theater, live music, nightlife — all within footsteps. And when you’re finished with the dining, dancing, shopping and cheering, you’ll be pampered in rooms that are larger and more luxurious than any other in the area. If you want to truly immerse yourself in the hospitality, excitement and surprise that Asheville is famous for, there’s only one place to stay. Haywood Park Hotel. The Heart of Town.•33 luxuriously appointed, oversized suites ranging in size from 475 to 1,200 sq ft •A Historic Hotels of America property •Complimentary wireless Internet • Valet Parking (surcharge applies) •Bell service •Concierge services •Champagne at check-in •Nightly turndown service with handmade chocolates from The Chocolate Fetish® •Small gift upon departure •43″ HDTVs in each guestroom & 27″ flat panel TVs in each bathroom •Amenity closet in each suite with a wet bar, mini-refrigerator and Keurig® coffee maker •Fitness center •Business center •100% smoke-free ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Haywood Park Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Haywood Park Asheville
- Hotel Haywood Park