Haywood Park Hotel
Hotel Indigo Asheville Downtown(Asheville)(Great Value!)
US$168
US$154
HotelIndigo.com
  • Restaurant
US$111
Country Inn
Clarion Inn Biltmore Village(Asheville)(Great Value!)
US$78
US$95
Country Inn
US$137
US$121
US$123
US$91
Hampton.com
Aloft Asheville Downtown(Asheville)(Great Value!)
US$229
US$172
Aloft.com
  • Pool
The Residences at Biltmore(Asheville)(Great Value!)
US$129
The Omni Grove Park Inn(Asheville)
US$287
US$264
Omni Hotels
  • Pool
US$293
  • Restaurant
All reviewsdepartment storechocolate fetishfree valet parkingheart of downtownrooms are hugeisa's bistroturn down servicegift bagbon marchechocolate shopgranola barsbattery parktrufflea large sitting areawet barwithin walking distancedouble sinks
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 December 2011

Ginormous room, jacuzzi tub, dressing room, double sinks in a master king suite. On arrival was offered glass of champange or bottled water. On departure given a bag with bottled water and snack bars. Free parking. Former department store display of child mannequin on our floor a little creepy. Early Girl restaurant across street great restaurant, best hash browns ever.

• Stayed: December 2011
1  Thank Beadzapped
Reviewed 6 December 2011

Am I the only one who had a paranormal experience at this hotel??? It's a great place to stay but I got really scared so we checked out one day early. This was back in January of 2007. I woke up around1:45 a.m. to use the bathroom. I was in one of the beds with my young daughter and my husband was in the other. The suites are large (very nice) and as i walked toward the bathroom, I could hear a man and a young girl conversing back and forth. It was very muffled but I heard it. I back up to check on my daughter and husband and of course, they were both sound asleep like they were seconds before when i got out of bed. As i got closer to the bathroom, i heard a little girl's voice singing "lalalalala..." very faintly. I couldn't understand why I would hear someone talking in another room? outside the hotel room door? - because it was beginning of Janauary and the hotel was virtually empty. I thought only 3 of the 8 rooms on the floor were taken. Also, why would a young kid be awake at the time of the morning? Anyway, I proceeded into the bathroom and as I'm about to sit on the toilet, very LOUD in my ear, I hear a man's voice say "GOOD MORNING!" It scared me sooo much! I ran out the bathroom hitting my thigh on the point of the dresser. Jumped back into the bed with my daughter and just lay there quietly, listening. Never heard anything else and eventually I drifted off back to sleep. I told my husband about it first thing in the morning. It was so surreal but I know what i heard! This happened on our 2nd night there and although we checked out one day early, it was not because of the hotel itself, which I thought was really nice. If you want to try and have an encounter with something "unknown" - I would recommend staying there.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with family
18  Thank an2nini
Reviewed 21 November 2011

I thought the hotel was great on-line, but wait until you walk-in the front door. Please do not waste your money or time at this place. The room was terrible- it was like a board room made into an overprice motel room. If you are looking for a boutique hotel please don’t stay here. You can hear all other guest, hope you are not looking for any privacy. I travel for work all the time and this was the worst place I have been to all year.

Best,
Noelle

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
4  Thank madeleine w
omfraga, Public Relations Manager at Haywood Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 December 2011

The ownership, management and staff at Haywood Park always appreciate guest reviews because it provides transparency and allows us to benchmark our performance. As a result of this negative review we researched this particular guest’s stay. Within their folio record we discovered that this guest violated the hotel’s very specific non-smoking policy. Our notes indicate that evidence of smoking and related paraphernalia was found upon this guests departure. As a result, this guest was charged the well documented monetary penalty we required to offset the cost of smoke remediation and deep cleaning. We trust that potential guests reading this review will recognize that this overtly negative critique is rooted in the fact that this guest was held accountable for violating the smoking policy. More so, we hope that future guests will read our response and recognize the high standards we place on our hospitality operation and the authenticity of our words. We invite you to discover why so many guest write rave reviews about us. Come experience the distinction of our boutique hotel.

Reviewed 16 November 2011

I recently visited Asheville for a two-night getaway weekend with a friend. The Haywood was wonderful! Extremely convenient location, friendly staff, and very clean (and large!) rooms. We had a two-bed queen room - large enough to do several cartwheels, which I did (ha!). Each night, we had a delicious truffle from the Chocolate Fetish waiting for us. Excellent experience - I would stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Liz_B_84
Reviewed 14 November 2011

This past weekend was our second annual trip to Asheville and the Haywood Park to celebrate our anniversary. Our only regret continues to be that we spent 16 anniversaries elsewhere before we got it right last year. We have already booked our weekend for next year! If you want to be in downtown Asheville, there is no better location in the city. As for the hotel itself, we have always been very pleased with the service and the staff. I must say after a 4+ hour drive, a glass of champagne at check in is very nice as is the complimentary valet service. If you can swing it, check out the Grand Suite which is an amazing suite (huge!!) with the best views. We are not particularly needy guests but for the few times we needed anything, the staff was very prompt, knowledgeable and courteous.
If you like an eclectic, gritty and diverse urban scene with unique local shops, restaurants and cultural outlets, then downtown Asheville is the place for you and the Haywood Park Hotel is the perfect gateway to it all. We are already looking forward to next year's stay!!

Room Tip: The Grand Suite is amazing!!
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple