All reviewsdepartment storeglass of champagnechocolate fetishfree valet parkingheart of downtownrooms are hugeisa's bistrogift bagturn down servicemaster kinggranola barsbon marchechocolate shopbattery parka large sitting areawithin walking distancedouble sinks
Reviewed 8 December 2017

We usually stay are the Grove Park Inn, but we decided to try this lovely place, right in the middle of town, a wonderful location. The building was built in 1923 to house Bon Marche Dept Store, and became home to in 1923 Ivey's in 1937.

The rooms are really huge, and very nice. The bathroom is also really gigantic, with nice amenities and loads of nice towels. The best amenity is the nightly chocolate truffles from The Chocolate Fetish, located a couple doors down the road - fabulous! Staff is very friendly and helpful.
They have a "spa" on the 2nd floor which is not really a spa, but rather rooms in which you can get massages and facials. But is is very pleasant and the prices are excellent, which is unusual for a high-end hotel. My facial was every bit as good as the facial I got at The Grove Park in the summer, but without the Grove spa's day use amenity. But, the facial was only half the cost. Stephanie was very good.
Isa's restaurant is across from the front desk through one door and it is also wonderful. We ate there twice and were very happy. Their double cheeseburger is the absolute best I have ever had. A sricha aoli sauce gives it a nice kick.

My only criticisms are: (1) The lack of plugs in the room. Their excuse is it's an old building. This translates to they don't want to spend the money. But this is an expensive hotel. At least, they could add lamps that have plugs in the base. You will have to bring an extension cord or ask, as they did bring us one. (2) The hair dryer has about a 12 inch cord. Since the bathroom has only 1 outlet in the corner, it was very difficult to dry my hair.

Room Tip: Don't know, but there are VERY few electrical outlets, bring an extension cord!
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank dianeandlarry
Reviewed 5 December 2017

We love traveling to Asheville and spent the past weekend having a great time. This is the third time we have stayed at this hotel and love it. The rooms are huge and not the cookie cutter type you get at the chain hotels. The reason why I am giving it a 4 rather than a 5 is that the bathrooms are starting to need some updates. The only place to put your toiletries in the shower consisted of a 3" soap holder. Everything else had to be placed on the floor. There is no coffee in the lobby in the mornings. Yes, there is a coffee maker in the room but fresh brewed is much better than the little machines. Just a couple of negatives but none that will keep us from coming back.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 November 2017

We loved being able to walk out the door and be in the thick of things! Not only is the location great, the hotel is terrific - large rooms (with 2 sinks in the nice bathrooms), very friendly staff and nice breakfast choices.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 November 2017 via mobile

My wife and I booked this hotel for two nights while on our way to visit family for Thanksgiving.

The Pros include a great location (walk to everything), the staff (top notch - 5 star - some of the nicest people I have ever met in hospitality ), the rooms (large, clean, comfortable), valet parking (fast service and my car was parked in a covered parking garage connected to the hotel), free breakfast ( from a small, breakfast/lunch cafe connected to the hotel - the food was good but you will be eating from paper plates with plastic utensils)

The Cons, which I feel are significant for the price of the rooms, were: coffee/tea maker ( a Keurig is provided, mugs, coffee and tea pods also - however there were no spoons/stirrers, sweeteners, creamers provided), sodas, snacks ( no vending areas), you will find a bottle of Fiji Water in your room which will cost you $5.00 ( for the price of the accommodation, they should provide 2-4 bottles of cheap bottled water for free)

I believe we could find a room outside of downtown, equally as nice, with none of the Cons listed above, for half the price. Use the money you save on the room to Uber several times a day between downtown activities and your hotel.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank buckeye62Columbusoh
Reviewed 19 November 2017 via mobile

Heather at the front desk was very professional and went above and beyond to ensure that all of our needs we're taken care of. Traveled from Florida and South Carolina to celebrate my sister's birthday.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family