“Pleasantly Surprised”

Comfort Inn Biltmore West
Ranked #29 of 66 Hotels in Asheville
Reviewed 11 July 2013

My go to hotel in the Asheville area is just a block up the road from here, however they did not have two queen beds available so booked here instead. Upon arrival we were immediately greeted by Kevin. We asked for extra blankets for my mom as my partner and I like the room cooler than she does. Before the car was unloaded we had the blankets. Asked for a 12:30 check-out, he gave us till 1:00 no problem.

The hotel was clean, the room was as well and smelled fresh. Hallways and so on were quiet. Morning breakfast was typical of Comfort Inns, but all items were kept stocked throughout the breakfast time window. The girl working the breakfast room was friendly, cleared items as we finished (of course she asked first).

Definitely a nice place to stay.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Marcia S

Reviewed 2 July 2013

The hotel staff is friendly and very helpful ! Hotel was updated and clean. Nice breakfast. Ten minutes to Biltmore and downtown Asheville. Pet friendly with a fee. The Biltmore is a must see it was amazing. Downtown Asheville has many diversity's and culture. Visit the Apollo grill food is very reasonable and tasty. Less than a quarter mile Dunkin Donuts, Cracker Barrel, Denny's Mexican food, convenience stores and fuel. We will stay again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Zack D
Reviewed 27 June 2013

We met family here for a reunion. We found the entire area to be clean and fresh and the staff very kind and helpful. Our breakfast was very good and several items were offered. The pool area was also very clean and refreshing. This is an easy off easy on from I 40. Cracker Barrel is next door. Pizza Hut and Applebee's is withing two blocks and can be driven to without getting on the busy four lane road. Hats off to this great resort.

Room Tip: This location was $20 a room cheaper than the Comfort Inn in nearby Canton.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank shmoore
Reviewed 22 June 2013

Looked for a hotel to stay in Asheville, NC. I was in from Cleveland, Ohio for a BMW Rally at the Biltmore Mansion. When I arrived, Steve took care of me. He was professional, courteous, and answered all my questions. The next day a lady named Rita was also very friendly and always ask if I needed anything for my stay. In the evening the next day I met a gentlemen named Steve. He again was very professional and answered any questions that I had. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. I travel a lot riding my bike all over the country and paid twice as much at more expensive hotels, and did not get the service like I did from the Asheville West Comfort Inn. I told my wife that next summer I would love to vacation again in Asheville, and I will stay at the Comfort Inn! Breakfast was also a plus! Kudos to the staff!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank David E
Reviewed 18 June 2013

Stayed here on the way back from our honeymoon. Good price, and a good place to stay off of I-40. Very easy to find. When we stayed there, the hotel was holding a free burgers-and-hot-dogs dinner by the pool, which was cool. Bed was so-so, but everything else was good.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jamison F
Reviewed 7 May 2013

Enjoyed our stay at the Comfort Inn. The room was very clean which is a priority for us. The bed was very comfortable and the room was spacious. Three of us shared a room and had plenty of space for our "stuff". The breakfast was very nice. There was a wide variety of choices from fresh fruit to waffles, boiled eggs, cereal, yogart, biscuits and a variety of juices. I thought it was a cut above the typical continental breakfast. As for the staff, they were very helpful and friendly. Great value if you are visiting Asheville.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Vesta B
Reviewed 5 May 2013

Cleanliness is # 1 and a comfortable bed is equally important. Did not use the gym. Breakfast was fine. Coffee was average. Most important was it was a very pleasant, clean and comfortable room. An important point, the cleaning staff is excellent here and obviously takes pride and cares about their work (rare). Large TV screen, refrigerator, microwave, and safe in rooms. The bed was probably the most comfortable of any hotel I have stayed in. The rate for a Choiceprivleges member via internet purchase was $63 a night.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple